Rebuilt title trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt title trucks

Been expanding my search to truck's down in the Dallas area. Coming across a boat load of rebuilt title vehicles at a good price point. Anyone know someone who is regularly rebuilding them with OEM parts?

Looking for
    Crewcab
    4x4
    Center console up front, no bench

Prefer leather and higher option truck's. Prices in Kansas are insane. Want to be under $25k if possible.

Hard as shit to sell even cheap down the road
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

There is an entire industry of lowlifes that buy totaled cars at auctions and rebuild them as cheaply as possible. Typically they sell them to illegal aliens or out of the country. I wouldn't take one with a rebuilt title like that if you gave it to me for free. You would have to be a fool to buy one like that.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
        There is an entire industry of lowlifes that buy totaled cars at auctions and rebuild them as cheaply as possible. Typically they sell them to illegal aliens or out of the country. I wouldn't take one with a rebuilt title like that if you gave it to me for free. You would have to be a fool to buy one like that.
        You're a fool

Comment

I've owned some before. Resale is not hard from my experience. People don't care as much as they used to from what I'm seeing. I'm watching them sell consistently in my market. The initial hit has been taken and purchasing them not at retail to begin with . My insurance pays out a total loss based on value of clean title value. Used to be rebuilt title cars were 50-60% of retail but it's been trending upwards of 75%.

As far as svo goes... as mentioned I'm looking for well repaired vehicles using OEM parts. Wasn't sure if anyone had any direct experience or contacts as of late. I wouldn't buy some slapped together piece of junk.

Only thing I won't deal with is a flood vehicle. Stolen or wrecked is fine by me. Thanks for the feedback so far.

Comment

Flood vehicles are fine depending on the circumstances,I bought 3 flood cars from IAA not to long ago (03 Mach1,03 ProCharged GT,64k 1 owner 93 Vert) They were totaled by insurance simply for being in a certain zip code. I have a friend who works for Farmers so he can check pics for me and these cars never even got carpet wet. Both new edge cars are clean and didn’t even have rusty breaks when I picked them up at the lot. My brother just bought a SUPER nice 2017 GMC that was a flood truck for $16000. Not a damn thing wrong with it lol. Honestly would take a flood car over a wrecked one sometimes,also bought another 03 Mach1 that was wrecked and it was a bitch putting it back together considering all I did to the flood car was a battery then just drove it.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
              You're a fool
              You have your opinions and I have mine. Thank goodness we live in a free country.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Insurance companies are fucking people over totaling out perfectly good cars these days for profit. Do your research on that particular vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Insurance companies are fucking people over totaling out perfectly good cars these days for profit. Do your research on that particular vehicle.
                  The fact that most body shops are expensive as hell really helps. You can get 1999-2009 mustangs that are easy fixes for less than $2k.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by slowturbocar View Post
                    Flood vehicles are fine depending on the circumstances,I bought 3 flood cars from IAA not to long ago (03 Mach1,03 ProCharged GT,64k 1 owner 93 Vert) They were totaled by insurance simply for being in a certain zip code. I have a friend who works for Farmers so he can check pics for me and these cars never even got carpet wet. Both new edge cars are clean and didn’t even have rusty breaks when I picked them up at the lot. My brother just bought a SUPER nice 2017 GMC that was a flood truck for $16000. Not a damn thing wrong with it lol. Honestly would take a flood car over a wrecked one sometimes,also bought another 03 Mach1 that was wrecked and it was a bitch putting it back together considering all I did to the flood car was a battery then just drove it.
                    What is IAA?

Where did your brother find his?

I get what you mean about flood vs wrecked if they aren't actually flooded. I don't want the electrical gremlins. As far as wrecked goes... I only want to buy it already repaired. Don't have good enough body shop contacts.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Suggestions on researching particular vehicles? I k ow sometimes googling VIN will give a little info but not always. I don't think you can totally trust carfax or autocheck. Both have their advantages. Autocheck will actually report damage found at auction where as carfax will hide it.

Comment

Flood vehicles are good for parting out or totally rebuilding. One of the most profitable cars I ever bought was a 1989 Mustang GT that was flood damaged in Baton Rouge. It had a procharger on it and a holley intake. I bought it based only off the pictures. I went and got it and the car was completely built with a Lentech AOD and a bunch of other shit. The lentech tranny I got cost more than I paid for the whole car.
                      Last edited by Broncojohnny; 08-19-2018, 03:16 PM.
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                        What is IAA?

Where did your brother find his?

I get what you mean about flood vs wrecked if they aren't actually flooded. I don't want the electrical gremlins. As far as wrecked goes... I only want to buy it already repaired. Don't have good enough body shop contacts.

Suggestions on researching particular vehicles? I k ow sometimes googling VIN will give a little info but not always. I don't think you can totally trust carfax or autocheck. Both have their advantages. Autocheck will actually report damage found at auction where as carfax will hide it.
                        I use autocheck but ultimately you just need to look at these cars in person. Take a very bright flashlight crawl all over them, lift up carpet and trunk liners check wiring harnesses etc. If it’s out of town sometimes you can find someone via forums with a good rep to check for you. Online recently a guy FaceTimed a seller and had him show everything requested. Assume you know more about cars than the seller always. The FaceTime revealed all sorts of things the owner didn’t know about or list in the ad.

Comment

I bought my wife an 06 suburban in 07 that had 3k miles on it. It was a theft recovery with no interior. We bought an entire interior out of one with 6k on it and she drove that thing for 4 years with 0 issues. I had 15 in it and sold it for 6k to my brick layer and they are still driving it.

Comment

Solid pass. No way to know what you're getting.
                            WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              Solid pass. No way to know what you're getting.
                              Well, unless you know what you are doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X