Fml.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fml.......

So i bought a bike last year around October, all of a sudden it stopped working, pushed off getting it fixed then around Christmas i called a mechanic to come over and take a look, he suggested it was a bad solenoid, I finally get the solenoid in just recently in march and guess what, it cranks but no start without starting fluid. I youtube how to clean the carb and BAM!!! bike start up asap.....but wait..... now i have gas in my oil, i change the oil and BAM!! it works, starts and turns off normal, take it around the block and runs as if brand new, i get home to play with the throttle cable to make sure its nice and tight and ill be damn, no start......... doesnt even crank at all, my Neutral light doesnt even turn on anymore, some of the same issues i had before i replaced the solenoid........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

This is why I pay people to fix my shit. You're only like 2 or three steps away from when I will angrily punch or throw something. I'll probably hurt myself when I do it, and then I hit / kick something else. It's an endless cycle of rage and pain.

Comment

Is your battery good? Could also be a bad stator or rectifier.

Comment

What kind of bike, and yes... check battery!
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

07 Honda shadow 600, went out there today and she started right up, I hope she stays running good because I’m trying to sell her

Comment

As far as the battery goes, I just had it recharged yesterday, when I went to crank it on today it had no issues

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
              As far as the battery goes, I just had it recharged yesterday, when I went to crank it on today it had no issues
              Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Is your battery good? Could also be a bad stator or rectifier.
              Sounds like this could be the problem.

Comment

Well it’s not te battery, I think it’s something with the carb, it was working fine then I went to put gas in it and it started flowing out the filter part, started stalling afterwards and left me stranded 2 miles away from home, my calf’s are on fire

Comment

Buy a fuel injected bike. Carbs suck.

Comment

I second this. Carbed bikes suck.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

carbs are great and simple. people who cant tune/work on them probably think otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        carbs are great and simple. people who cant tune/work on them probably think otherwise...
                        I've worked on, tuned and rebuilt/cleaned them many times on cars and bikes. I didn't hate carbs until Ethanol was introduced in our fuel. Ethanol sucks. Fuel injection seems to hold up better with ethanol fuel than carbs which gum up and get clogged rather easily.

Comment

Working...
                        X