No announcement yet.

Anyone running Fitech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully they have that straightened out soon, but at least I don’t have to worry about the fan relay.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      I pulled a rabbit out of my ass and got full exhaust put on with an x pipe, 2.5s into 40 series flows out the back, fixed some oh shit issues and rolled out to LSR on Friday. I had a few small issues but overall this has been one of the best purchases for a build I have ever bought. That being said, they should send a correct install manual and it wouldn't hurt to have good training videos so you don't have to spend hours trying to figure the shit out.

What really impressed me is I rolled back home between 65 and 90, engine wise it was like a new car, crisp throttle almost always and feels almost where I want the car with power for the time being. Now my issue is I feel the need to upgrade the suspension asap followed by a whole new list. I gotta edit some videos and pics but will post soon.
      how was the roundup this year?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Cold!

Friday was good, but Saturday was brutal. Stayed in the 40's with a strong, cold wind and occasional light rain. Well-attended and lots going on, but that cold really cut down on the fun factor.

Comment

I want the 1200hp system for my c3 headed 358 but worried that the 180 degree headers into a big single is going to screw with it...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Yea I am sick now lol. Austin Speed shops event was kickass!

From what I have seen if you are going for serious power a single plane manifold is the way to go. Some people(cough DJ) had issue with dual planes. Tune ability wise it is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Yea I am sick now lol. Austin Speed shops event was kickass!

From what I have seen if you are going for serious power a single plane manifold is the way to go. Some people(cough DJ) had issue with dual planes. Tune ability wise it is excellent.
              I have heard the Fitech doesnt have the same issue, possibly due to where the MAP is read from. Mind was just a vacuum port, and the FItech has it in the bore.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I ran MSDs atomic EFI kit on a 1972 318 Duster and it’s quite amazing. I think it does better than the Fitech systems as far as the response I’ve felt between both systems. And I also like that the MSD system doesn’t require a return system for the fuel. And it looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                  I ran MSDs atomic EFI kit on a 1972 318 Duster and it’s quite amazing. I think it does better than the Fitech systems as far as the response I’ve felt between both systems. And I also like that the MSD system doesn’t require a return system for the fuel. And it looks amazing.

I can't believe this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It seems it's all Fitech or Holley Sniper. How long has the MSD solution been around and what else do you know? I need answers! lol

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    I can't believe this is the first time I'm hearing about it. It seems it's all Fitech or Holley Sniper. How long has the MSD solution been around and what else do you know? I need answers! lol
                    it's been around for a few years.

Comment

Well I know it’s a great system. Specifics of course can be found online. But they’re got a couple different variations of the kit of course and different accessories. I will for sure being going with the MSD kit when I get to putting a motor and fuel system in the coupe, whenever that is hahaha

Comment

Initial research says that trying to run it with a returnless fuel system is dumb. Add up the parts it takes to make it a return system and it's suddenly about the same price as others or more. Apparently the support isn't as good as Holley either.

My interest in this system is mostly around having an MSD Billet distributor and 6AL box and I've been getting mixed messages on if that is compatible with the Holley Sniper.

Edit: sorry for the thread hijack, Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          it's been around for a few years.
                          Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                          Well I know it’s a great system. Specifics of course can be found online. But they’re got a couple different variations of the kit of course and different accessories. I will for sure being going with the MSD kit when I get to putting a motor and fuel system in the coupe, whenever that is hahaha

It's been around a long time, and I hear good things from those that venture outside of the normal few to try it, but they had some bugs and issues early, and IIRC the auto tuning system that they originally had was lacking a lot.

Comment

Initial research says that trying to run it with a returnless fuel system is dumb. Add up the parts it takes to make it a return system and it's suddenly about the same price as others or more. Apparently the support isn't as good as Holley either.

My interest in this system is mostly around having an MSD Billet distributor and 6AL box and I've been getting mixed messages on if that is compatible with the Holley Sniper.

Edit: sorry for the thread hijack, Scott.

With the system operating with a PWM pump makes the system what it is. I would see an issue only depending on hour horsepower demand. Higher horsepower id be using a return system. So I guess it’s gonna depends on your power needs.

Comment

A friend just put a Holley Sniper on his 62 Mercury Wagon, it is running but has not been on the road yet due to transmission issues. He is also using an MSD distributor and 6AL or similar, and he should be able to adjust timing from inside the car.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                                A friend just put a Holley Sniper on his 62 Mercury Wagon, it is running but has not been on the road yet due to transmission issues. He is also using an MSD distributor and 6AL or similar, and he should be able to adjust timing from inside the car.
                                Nice. Good to know. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                                X