get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    Ya, the plan is to be at the show with the car Friday.
    How’s your progress?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I really want to find a new toy but I lack the desire to actually work on something.
      72 Skylark that doesn’t need work sounds pretty good right now.
      Don't do it. If the work isn't at least half the fun, it will end with regret.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Don't do it. If the work isn't at least half the fun, it will end with regret.
        I wouldn’t mind doing some stuff as it comes up. The desire to build or mod something just isn’t there.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Man, the peer pressure is getting to me... Scored some nice doors for the 55..

Had them blasted:

Shot some epoxy on em.. Time to body work them now.

Meanwhile, at work, this beast showed up the other day... dayummm ( I know I'll get booted to Canada because its an LS..

Comment

• Some serious mills being posted up.
              Does anyone have an uncut harness and ECU for an LS motor? Piecing together a mild lq4.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                How’s your progress?
                car was running friday night at about 11:45pm. But the radiator had a good sized leak so we didnt get it going until this morning. we hopped in the car and set sail. we made it to Argyle before we clogged our first fuel filter, then two miles later our second. we where quickly running out of filters and hadn't made it half way through Argyle. So we called it. The car ran great when it had fuel. engine is strong and healthy. I'm missing the show this go around, but I'm super stoked that its running. All and all it was a good day.

Comment

• Fuck yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    car was running friday night at about 11:45pm. But the radiator had a good sized leak so we didnt get it going until this morning. we hopped in the car and set sail. we made it to Argyle before we clogged our first fuel filter, then two miles later our second. we where quickly running out of filters and hadn't made it half way through Argyle. So we called it. The car ran great when it had fuel. engine is strong and healthy. I'm missing the show this go around, but I'm super stoked that its running. All and all it was a good day.
                    Time to stock up on fuel filters.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      Time to stock up on fuel filters.
                      What's the opposition to pulling the tank and cleaning it ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                        What's the opposition to pulling the tank and cleaning it ?
                        I thought I'd done that well enough but transparently was dead wrong.
                        i think it all went to hell when I filled the tank. going to drive it around the block a bunch and am about to take it to the grocery store.

all and all even with the short trip and the many breakdowns, I had a blast. It felt so good to be behind the wheel again, even though it has no power steering, no ac and the windows wont roll down, it's 10x better than anything I've ever driven.

now I get to clean things up, fix some stuff that we rushed through to get it running. This is going to be he fun part.

Comment

• Cool. Glad to see progress..

Comment

• my next build will be of little interest here . all gm protour car.
                            my last build was at goodguys this year running around. orange 54 ford truck. came close to giving them there money back and keeping it once it was finished .

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              my next build will be of little interest here . all gm protour car.
                              my last build was at goodguys this year running around. orange 54 ford truck. came close to giving them there money back and keeping it once it was finished .
                              That would be a tough part of doing this for a living.... you have to give your hard work and dedication to someone else and trust them with it. I'm not sure I'd be able to do that easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                                my next build will be of little interest here . all gm protour car.
                                I think people would be interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X