Smoking, anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    I did a smoked chicken last Sunday, but I didn't brine it as I didn't have time to plan it all out properly and it was a last minute thing. I only smoked it for 3 hours but that was only to get the flavor before I put it in a pot of boiling water to make Smoked Chicken Soup out of it. Best chicken noodle soup I've ever had!
    Damn, I kinda like that idea....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Damn, I kinda like that idea....
      Yeah, I'll never do it any other way now.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Here is a turkey I did for Christmas. It was my first one, turned out decent. I brined it overnight and used apple wood. Figured a little bacon couldn't hurt either.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Here is a turkey I did for Christmas. It was my first one, turned out decent. I brined it overnight and used apple wood. Figured a little bacon couldn't hurt either.

insert not sure if serious meme here...

Comment

• Made some beef ribs for the first time ever yesterday, I wasn't really sure what to do so I just cooked them like I do my brisket and they turned out a lot like my brisket (really effing good)...

Stevo

Comment

• Going to smoke for my first time. I will be using a propane grill.
              What do ya think of soaking pellets in water before smoking? Yay or nay?

Comment

• No such thing as smoking in a propane grill.

Comment

• Had a neighbor that had a propane smoker and he would soak his chips the night before. It always turned out pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                    No such thing as smoking in a propane grill.
                    And there is no such thing as putting BBQ SAUCE on a Steak neither

Comment

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                      No such thing as smoking in a propane grill.
                      Tell that to an Ole Hickory or Southern Pride.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• I've got two pork shoulders on my Big Green Egg right now for the game tonight. I put them on at 11pm at 200 degrees and went to bed, they are looking good at around 165 at the moment.

Stevo

Comment

• I got 2 racks of pork ribs on one smoker and was thinking about firing up the other one to do drumsticks and wings but I'll probably just throw them in the oven.

Comment

• Did a prime rib, was dang good. Not a big fan of soaking wood anymore, all it does is make it so the wood has to dry first before it smokes. Chips maybe different, but my little exposure to them indicates that the concept is the same - chips or split wood. Biggest difference is with split wood can go a long time after a lot of coals in the firebox, but you won't get the large collection of hot coals with chips.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                              Did a prime rib, was dang good. Not a big fan of soaking wood anymore, all it does is make it so the wood has to dry first before it smokes. Chips maybe different, but my little exposure to them indicates that the concept is the same - chips or split wood. Biggest difference is with split wood can go a long time after a lot of coals in the firebox, but you won't get the large collection of hot coals with chips.
                              exactly... soaking your wood (or pellets) just means you're steaming rather than smoking your meat.

Side note, don't worry, I use to soak my wood too until I was informed of what I was actually doing.

Comment

• Yeah. I never soaking maybe have soaked
                                Yeah soaked is no good. May do half soaked and half dry, make it last a bit longer

Comment

Working...
                                X