No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I think I am finally ready to get back to buildig. I took the time to get cleaned up and organized. Hopefully this will help relieve some of the stress from losing parts and tools in a pile of junk on the desk!

First up, a really slick cobra. Hopefully the body is done stripping tomorrow so I can start cleaning up some mold seams and get it ready for primer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Made a little progress on the cobra. This is the most work ai have put into a paint job. Primed, sanded, primed, sanded, tacked, and now silver. The silver will get hit with 2k grit paper and then a wet coat. After that, a coat of clear. Then I will decide if I am doing decal stripes or painted stripes.

Comment

Work space looks much better. That's gotta feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Work space looks much better. That's gotta feel good.
          yeah, there are still a couple of areas that need cleaned up, but as a whole, it is much better. Much less stress with everything having a home. The rest of the room needs cleaned and organized before the rest of the bench gets cleaned up.

Comment

My hobby space is currently being packed up for moving to temporary storage. New house to be done in September.... our house going on market in May. I hope to do a better job organizing next time too. I have Planes, trains and automobiles all in my hobby space and a garage filled with cars too.

Comment

Nice, can’t wait to see it come together.
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

1/2 of my '03 cobra conversion is nearing completion. I need to shoot this with some primer and see what all is left to clean up.

I ordered some silicone yesterday, hopefully I can start getting this as well as my LX conversion bumpers ready for silicone molds.

Comment

I decided to try and test the ebay market to see what people are paying for nice completed builds. So far, I am disappointed. Not even half way to my reserve price!

I've even decided to try amd list a couple of painted bodies, I know a few guys selling them at $50+ just for a finished body. I'm trying to find and tap into that market:

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    I decided to try and test the ebay market to see what people are paying for nice completed builds. So far, I am disappointed. Not even half way to my reserve price!

I've even decided to try amd list a couple of painted bodies, I know a few guys selling them at $50+ just for a finished body. I'm trying to find and tap into that market:

Awesome work! I just think in such a small niche market sales will take a while. Each item may end up listed quite a few times before it sells.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      Awesome work! I just think in such a small niche market sales will take a while. Each item may end up listed quite a few times before it sells.
                      Yeah, the active auction was more to see if auctions are a viable option. The other two bodies are things that I may never finish, so I listed them to see if they would sell. The GT500 may end up finished and listed as a completed build. Time will tell.

Comment

Good luck on the sales man. I need to dig all my unbuilt kits out this weekend, and try and sell the ones I'll never build.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          Good luck on the sales man. I need to dig all my unbuilt kits out this weekend, and try and sell the ones I'll never build.
                          Send me those pics! I can give you a good idea of what they are worth. I'm a member of several facebook pages where people buy/sell kits. If any of it is older or OOP, then they should be pretty easy to sell.

Comment

I've got a lot of odd ball stuff I bought off ebay. Some more than 10 years ago.

Comment

I've been working on this while I wait for some tape to show up for the cobra.

Revell 69 GT500. It was painted mineral gray metallic about 10 years ago. I polished the body and added bare metal foil to the trim. It will be box stock. Once I'm done I will probably toss it on ebay.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X