No announcement yet.

Avengers Endgame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I just don't see where they move forward after this movie. All the main draws are now gone. (Spoilers below if you haven't watched it don't read). I just don't see myself going to a movie to see falcon as Captain America, the hulk isn't going to be really interesting in the way he is now. No Iron Man, just not seeing it. I know people will say Black panther and Captain marvel since those movies did so well, but both those movies were the movies directly before the release of both these movies so those to me aren't real numbers. Lets see how they do without an Avengers movie coming out one month after their release, I bet the tickets sales are no where near what they were.

As for the movie itself I really enjoyed it, I thought it put a good end to that series and will watch it again because I know there are probably little things I missed or didn't notice.

Comment

honestly I thought Infinity war was a better movie overall.
      satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
        Honestly I just don't see where they move forward after this movie. All the main draws are now gone. (Spoilers below if you haven't watched it don't read). I just don't see myself going to a movie to see falcon as Captain America, the hulk isn't going to be really interesting in the way he is now. No Iron Man, just not seeing it. I know people will say Black panther and Captain marvel since those movies did so well, but both those movies were the movies directly before the release of both these movies so those to me aren't real numbers. Lets see how they do without an Avengers movie coming out one month after their release, I bet the tickets sales are no where near what they were.

As for the movie itself I really enjoyed it, I thought it put a good end to that series and will watch it again because I know there are probably little things I missed or didn't notice.
        With the Fox purchase, they will expand the MCU to include X-men and Fantastic 4. It will probably be 4-5 yrs before one of those comes out. They probably won't have an avengers team movie until a few years after that. It'll be a long process to build to the next gigantic movie but there is plenty of material to pull from now.

There are also prequel movies in the works and some other projects like the Eternals movie and other cosmic movies on the way.

Comment

I enjoyed it overall. I thought the girl power part of the last battle was dumb and pointless
          Originally posted by blownaltered View Post

They still have Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy and some others with potential.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

There are a few more #2, and #3's coming out, but they are going back in time for most of the next set. They have already announced Marvel is going to build up and do the Eternals. I bet some of these stage 1 characters will get their "reboots" or follow up down the road a ways.

It is a VAST universe and we have only seen a tiny portion of it. I read an interview where the writers even said they have penned a version where the living tribunal had a scene with Thanos.

Comment

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has delivered three distinct storytelling phases. Phase 1 was an introduction to Earth's mightiest heroes up until their team-up in The Avengers. Phase 2 showed the aftermath of The Avengers through Age of Ultron and ending with the small-scale debut of Ant-Man. Phase 3 is the current phase, which chronicled the dissolution of the Avengers in Captain America: Civil War and will end after Spider-Man: Far From Home takes place post-Endgame.

As for what Phase 4 will be about? There are only a few hints. A Black Widow film is certainly in the lineup, but that will likely be a prequel to the events of the current MCU timeline. Casting announcements also revealed plans for a Shang-Chi movie.

Most saliently, Angelina Jolie and Kumail Nanjiani are attached to star in The Eternals, which looks to be the MCU's next attempt at introducing a new team of heroes to its massive audience. The Eternals are less known to non–comic reading audiences so there's plenty of room for interpretation, but for those who want a primer on who and what the next big batch of Marvel characters are, let's do a rundown.

There are various versions and reboots of the Eternals in their 40+ years of history at Marvel, but the general idea is that long, long ago, the godlike Celestials came to Earth and used their science-magic to create two divergent species based on the DNA of early humans. These species were Eternals and Deviants.

(If the Celestials sound familiar, one of them has already turned up in the MCU. Ego the Living Planet, A.K.A Star-Lord's dad, was a Celestial. That makes Peter Quill half-Celestial, even if his dad kicked the bucket in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.)

Comment

Working...
              X