No announcement yet.

Calming the mind before an interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes working on cars in the driveway or garage floor much less fun than it used to be, especially getting back up.

Comment

• In that same vein, I've already started thinking about what I want to replace the Mustang with. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun car, but not the most relaxing thing to drive, and I'll have a 30 minute commute now, depending on traffic. I think I might do a full dynamat (or similar) install first, and reevaluate commuter viability. My biggest complaint is about the road and engine noise when cruising. It's a perfect weekend car, and I can't get near the performance for less than $100k (base) from the top luxo brands, which I'm not willing to spend on a car, so it would be a decision to move away from horsepower and handling almost entirely. Not an easy decision yet, so I guess I'm not fully "old" yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
        As Garth says, thank God for unanswered prayers. Fast forward 3 years and we're back home in Texas, the baby is 2 and a half, there's a blown GT in the garage, and I just accepted a position that's a perfect fit for my skills and expertise. Incidentally I was cool as a cucumber during the interviews this time around.

I do still have to pass the background check, let's pray there's no "Stormy" past that pops up.
        Congrats! The jobs I'm most thankful for are the ones I didnt get because the path I'm on now has been great.

I changed jobs (again) about 6 months ago and it's an incredibly short commute with the boys daycare right down the road. Its amazing what its like not having to sit in traffic (my former boss was oddly picky about arriving at 8 and leaving at 5 so we all had to drive during rushhour...and this was for the entire group all the way up to the director level).

My only worry in accepting the new position was another position on my resume under 2 years. But I'm hoping to stay planted for at least a decade now...if not a retirement position.

Comment

In that same vein, I've already started thinking about what I want to replace the Mustang with. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun car, but not the most relaxing thing to drive, and I'll have a 30 minute commute now, depending on traffic. I think I might do a full dynamat (or similar) install first, and reevaluate commuter viability. My biggest complaint is about the road and engine noise when cruising. It's a perfect weekend car, and I can't get near the performance for less than $100k (base) from the top luxo brands, which I'm not willing to spend on a car, so it would be a decision to move away from horsepower and handling almost entirely. Not an easy decision yet, so I guess I'm not fully "old" yet.
          Get a Raptor, Range rover sport, jeep Cherokee trackhawk... etc..go big or go home!

Comment

In that same vein, I've already started thinking about what I want to replace the Mustang with. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun car, but not the most relaxing thing to drive, and I'll have a 30 minute commute now, depending on traffic. I think I might do a full dynamat (or similar) install first, and reevaluate commuter viability. My biggest complaint is about the road and engine noise when cruising. It's a perfect weekend car, and I can't get near the performance for less than $100k (base) from the top luxo brands, which I'm not willing to spend on a car, so it would be a decision to move away from horsepower and handling almost entirely. Not an easy decision yet, so I guess I'm not fully "old" yet.
            Go drive something nicer and bigger, the decision will be easy. The only thing I miss about my Stang is the exhaust sound, the truck is just too damn quiet! Coulda got a 5.0 and changed that, but I'm OK with the 2.7 Ecoboost. In town most of the time, so it's not like I can go 0 - 100 very frequently

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Congrats! The jobs I'm most thankful for are the ones I didnt get because the path I'm on now has been great.

I changed jobs (again) about 6 months ago and it's an incredibly short commute with the boys daycare right down the road. Its amazing what its like not having to sit in traffic (my former boss was oddly picky about arriving at 8 and leaving at 5 so we all had to drive during rushhour...and this was for the entire group all the way up to the director level).

My only worry in accepting the new position was another position on my resume under 2 years. But I'm hoping to stay planted for at least a decade now...if not a retirement position.
              Congrats on the step up, I'm kind of in the opposite situation actually, though still very much a career advancement. This is my first job change in almost 18 years, and I've been working from home for the last decade. I'm not looking forward to commuting again, but I see this as a stepping stone position. It's executive level, and the role itself isn't an inside role per se (I've got counterparts in other territories that do telecommute), but the new director has asked that we all make it into the office daily, to help foster more of a sharing team environment, to the point that he even made mention in the interview that it would be good to have someone with my background and time in field to help coach my greener colleagues to become more effective. It's a relatively new office building, so part of that's likely coming from senior management to help justify the new digs. Perhaps management will be a possibility down the road, or just as likely I can simply move up the pay/responsibility scale, and maybe transition into a telecommute role again at some point, or get back into the field as an account exec. If the work/life balance that they tout is there, and it pays for the kids college educations, I'll gladly commute my way to retiring here.

I'm getting a little wordy like my buddy Chili, but I am so freaking excited about what lays ahead.

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Get a Raptor, Range rover sport, jeep Cherokee trackhawk... etc..go big or go home!
              I plan on upgrading the glorified Crosstour to an X6 or the GLE Coupe, so the big car is covered. I'm thinking more like a C400 Coupe, or maybe get back into an M4.

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              Go drive something nicer and bigger, the decision will be easy. The only thing I miss about my Stang is the exhaust sound, the truck is just too damn quiet! Coulda got a 5.0 and changed that, but I'm OK with the 2.7 Ecoboost. In town most of the time, so it's not like I can go 0 - 100 very frequently
              I'm trying to get away from the sound, no worries there, it's the copious amounts of torque that I'll miss.

Comment

As Garth says, thank God for unanswered prayers. Fast forward 3 years and we're back home in Texas, the baby is 2 and a half, there's a blown GT in the garage, and I just accepted a position that's a perfect fit for my skills and expertise. Incidentally I was cool as a cucumber during the interviews this time around.

I do still have to pass the background check, let's pray there's no "Stormy" past that pops up.

Congrats Big A. Nice to see things working out for you man.

Originally posted by Big A View Post

How about a Jag F-Pace or Porsche Cayenne. I've had both. The F-Pace can be had with 340hp and it's weight is actually close to that of a Mustang because of the aluminum in it. The Cayenne, even in base form, is a helluva lot of fun to drive and is simply a great luxury car. Both can be had slightly used for a decent price IMO.

I've gone the opposite way and bought a new Wrangler. I've modded it extensively for off roading in the mountains. It drives, handles, and sounds like crap compared to my old Jag or Porsche but it sure is one helluva fun toy to drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  You could slip and fall and break a hip old man!
                  LMMFAO

And congrats Aaron!

David

Comment

In a similar predicament as well. Sold the Shelby a couple months ago thinking I was going to get the new GT 500 when and if that fucker ever comes out but getting impatient and disinterested now. Was totally prepared to pull the trigger on a 17 SL 63 AMG that had everything I wanted as far as options. Went to jaguar in Grapevine to essentially buy the car one evening after work and as I walked up to the front, the car was pulling out, someone purchased it. Probably a good thing but I’m still looking hard at them especially when we get a n”ew to us” one in stock.

David
                    Last edited by cobrajet69; 01-03-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                      Was totally prepared to pull the trigger on a 17 SL 63 AMG that had everything I wanted as far as options.
                      You charge too much for your cars apparently.

I think I've pretty well settled on a C-series coupe, maybe an AMG if I come across the right one, but I think I'd rather have a fully optioned base model, than spending $$$ on speed parts. The ttV8 in the X6 will have to suffice for my hp fix.

Still waiting on the results of the BG and reference check though, I shouldn't be nervous, but I am.

Comment

You charge too much for your cars apparently.

I think I've pretty well settled on a C-series coupe, maybe an AMG if I come across the right one, but I think I'd rather have a fully optioned base model, than spending $$$ on speed parts. The ttV8 in the X6 will have to suffice for my hp fix.

Still waiting on the results of the BG and reference check though, I shouldn't be nervous, but I am.
                        We hardly ever get an AMG SL 63. I did just take in a 2010 C 63 with 70,000 miles on it though. Going to auction on Monday. Bad ass little car.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                          We hardly ever get an AMG SL 63. I did just take in a 2010 C 63 with 70,000 miles on it though. Going to auction on Monday. Bad ass little car.

David
                          No, I meant that if you can afford a $100k+ car, you make too much on the one's that you sell. Kidding of course, you're just that good.

Comment

No, I meant that if you can afford a $100k+ car, you make too much on the one's that you sell. Kidding of course, you're just that good.
                            Ah!!!
                            But unfortunately no cowskin rug level.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              There's no mystery here, just get a blow job before you go.
                              What is this, the parking lot at Pappa's Pizza?

Comment

Working...
                              X