No announcement yet.

Building a pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the night it was filling and the day after we filled ours up but before it was 100% done. Met expectations and then some. There are 3 shear descents on the back wall as well.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
      This is the night it was filling and the day after we filled ours up but before it was 100% done. Met expectations and then some. There are 3 shear descents on the back wall as well.

Looks great! I'm mega jealous of the fire on the back wall but will probably save that for the next house.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Looks great! I'm mega jealous of the fire on the back wall but will probably save that for the next house.
        And likewise on your decking, that shit is baller. We just had so much of it that the cost to do anything other than salted concrete was going to be cow skin rug territory.

Comment

Buncha rich people in here.

Comment

Ruff, what became of the survey issue you had? Rather how did they work it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
              Ruff, what became of the survey issue you had? Rather how did they work it out?
              I dont remember having a survey issue? If that was me I've totally forgotten about that post...was it regarding the pool?

Comment

I dont remember having a survey issue? If that was me I've totally forgotten about that post...was it regarding the pool?
                It was an easement that wasn’t recorded on the plat or something right?

Comment

It was an easement that wasn’t recorded on the plat or something right?
                  That was another poster.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    That was another poster.
                    Thanks Don, I couldn't remember who it was.

Comment

I think it was FatherFord.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It was me, and what finally happened was the electric company owned up to the mistake and they sent a crew out (at their leisure which took a couple of months) and moved the portion of the line that was interfering with our dig.

The back story to that is apparently after they were informed of their error they then tried to place the proper easement even though they knew we were trying to dig there (shady as fuck). My pool builders wife is an attorney that deals with a lot of real estate issues and for reasons beyond my comprehension was able to block it from happening. Something about you cant slap an easement on a property since we already owned it. They acquired an easement for the empty lot behind us and moved the electric line on the other side of the back fence where the lot is still owned by the developer and not built on yet.

After that was over with it was 8 weeks start to finish.
                        Last edited by inline 6; 09-21-2019, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Just looked through the paperwork and we picked the tropics blue mini pebble.

Is the quartzscape a polished version of the mini pebbles?

They look like the same company produces the mini pebble and quartzscape.
                          National Tile and Plaster (NTP) is where I mostly get my construction supplies from. Quartz Scapes is their brand of a type of plaster that is mostly crushed marble.

You have their Stone Scapes mini pebble line of plaster. It cost slightly more then the Quartz Scapes plaster. I am basing my assumption on Tropics Blue being one of their cataloged colors for the mini pebble plaster. It is good stuff.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

We’re possibly digging a hole in the ground to put water in in the near future. Still in the early planning phase so few questions for those that have gone through this. Is a pool heater necessary, really nice, or just something you use every once in awhile to swim when it’s cool outside? We have gas, but are not planning to have a hot tub. Has anyone had the pool done by one place and then had decking/travertine patio structure built by someone else later/right after the pool is finished vs. the turn-key option from a place like Riverbend/Foley/Prestige?

Comment

I personally don't enjoy swimming in a heated pool, never quite warm enough for me to not feel cold, when the air temps drop. Kids don't seem to mind, but they'll swim in a cold pool too, without complaint. A swimming pool itself is a luxury, a heater is nice to have on rare occasion, but not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                                We’re possibly digging a hole in the ground to put water in in the near future. Still in the early planning phase so few questions for those that have gone through this. Is a pool heater necessary, really nice, or just something you use every once in awhile to swim when it’s cool outside? We have gas, but are not planning to have a hot tub. Has anyone had the pool done by one place and then had decking/travertine patio structure built by someone else later/right after the pool is finished vs. the turn-key option from a place like Riverbend/Foley/Prestige?
                                We have a heat pump and love it. I can keep the pool temp up for use later in the year...but more importantly it's also a chiller. Our pool is small and shallow so it can get hot quick...we can easily bring that temp down.

I agree with Aaron that I'm not swimming if it's even close to cold out. But I also dont like cold water when it's 80 out...so I'm heating it when I need.

A heater is going to heat way faster than a heat pump though.

Also, if you're building a pool you are going to get tired of your backyard being destroyed. Hiring separate contractors is going to prolong that...I suggest doing it all together.

Comment

Working...
                                X