DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Armory

The Armory The definitive firearms forum of DFW Mustangs.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #21
War Machine
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Flame thrower is the only way to go for home defense.
Wasp spray and a lighter?
War Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:51 PM   #22
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member

Aquanet
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:52 PM   #23
juiceweezl
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
If the zombies have overtaken your AR storage location though, you're screwed.
Machete, bro! Maybe I should hang a sword on the wall in every room though just in case.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
Machete, bro! Maybe I should hang a sword on the wall in every room though just in case.
Good call or a fire poker. Solid plan. Going to amend mine.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:38 PM   #25
LANTIRN
Lifer

You guys are all idiots. The obvious choice for home defense is the Taurus Judge.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.
LANTIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 06:59 PM   #26
CJ
User is editing post

Just the mere consideration of an AR15 for home defense renders this entire thread absurd.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #27
71chevellejohn
my Maserati does 185

But he wants to feel tactical when sweeping his house for threats. Can't be very tactical with a fire poker.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #28
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

Is this guy a member of Open Carry Texas? This is how sane gun owners get included with the crazies.
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #29
ryuu
Time Served

Nope, got a gun, it needs ammo, what is good? Not a hard concept and the answer for me is Federal GM223M

Like the way y'all think, hey I need to use my ar, let me run down to wally world, grab whatever they have and I'm good.
ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #30
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

You specifically asked for home defense ammo...that's why they're bagging on you. If you asked for good ar ammo...that's a different story...but you may still catch shit.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:48 PM   #31
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Not to long ago, a gentleman in L Town dispatched another gentleman with a whole barrage of AR15 rounds in his house. Guess how many he missed with? Guess how many went into the neighbors house? Not saying they are the best for home defense but they will work, and work well. Last time I checked, most entry teams use AR15's and not shotguns. Plus my wife can handle the AR15 a lot better than the 12 gauge. They sell plenty of low penetration ammo for them also. Realistically the odds of you being home when some one burglarizes your house are very slim though unless you are sling in. Personally I am going to buy the old lady a Circuit Judge I think. Revolver and .410, the best of both worlds. Am I right fellas!
Old 03-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #32
CJ
User is editing post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuu View Post
Nope, got a gun, it needs ammo, what is good? Not a hard concept and the answer for me is Federal GM223M

Like the way y'all think, hey I need to use my ar, let me run down to wally world, grab whatever they have and I'm good.
You don't use an AR-15 for home defense, it's negligent.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #33
Nash B.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANTIRN View Post
You guys are all idiots. The obvious choice for home defense is the Taurus Judge.
Only if you're dealing with zombie snakes.
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 02:41 AM   #34
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
An AR is not the weapon you want for defense, nor do I foresee a reason to have mags loaded for it. I keep some mags in an ammo box with loose rounds that i can get to in a pinch if need be, but I keep a 12ga with #3 buckshot handy, a .40 S&W bedside, and a 9mm stashed elsewhere. If something arises that I need one of my AR's to 'defend' myself, I'll know of it well ahead of time.
Sure.......... A 9mm is way better than a AR in home defense. Lets watch a little video on that. Anything that will kill you, that is fired out of any firearm, will penetrate multiple levels of sheetrock. If that is your fear, then use a bat, sword, beanbag round, rat shot or whatever. Just know that you are most likely not going to permanently stop the threat with any of those, except maybe a sword. I have never heard anyone in LE use the word negligence when dealing with a home defense, deadly force situation(Maybe the news). If you were shooting at a home intruder, and popped your neighbor (The odds are astronomical), the likely hood of you being charged for anything is really low. Kill the intruder and a case will be filed with the grand jury, same as LE, and they will choose to indict or not, same with stray bullets. There are plenty of low impact .223 rounds that are designed to fragment and disintegrate after they strike something solid. What should probably be asked is, where he lives, distance between houses, type of house, wife, kids, etc. From what you guys are saying is if you ever get attacked in a retail store, parking lot, etc, you better not shoot a weapon or it might be negligence. Training, training, training is the key. If you are going to use a firearm, there will always be the possibility of severe consequences. Don't get me wrong, you hit someone with rat shot a few times I doubt they will shrug it off. However it just depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are in a complex, ehhh, that might be different. Still if your going to shoot anywhere, there is always that possibility.

Last edited by kingjason; 03-11-2015 at 04:52 AM. Reason: Wrong damn video
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 03:52 AM   #35
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash B. View Post
Only if you're dealing with zombie snakes.
Well, screw going back to sleep.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:41 AM   #36
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

In not watching all of those after seeing 1 and a half..but do any of them consider defense rounds or even #6 or 7 shot? The one I watched had one point to prove and they made sure to pick a round that would do that.
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:11 AM   #37
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ View Post
You don't use an AR-15 for home defense, it's negligent.
I must be really negligent since I consider an M1A or G3 to be perfect for defending myself at home or about.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #38
kingjason
Notorious PIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
In not watching all of those after seeing 1 and a half..but do any of them consider defense rounds or even #6 or 7 shot? The one I watched had one point to prove and they made sure to pick a round that would do that.
But you are missing the point. People blindly defend this or that and then call people stupid for using something else. If that's all he has got then that's all he has got. You do realize how many pieces of sheetrock those went through right? Not just two but like 10. So that's equivalent to how many trailers or apartments? Like I said before, I highly doubt anyone is going to shake off being hit by any shot gun round or bean bags. It's the whole bang and then being hit with something that gets them. Bean bags leave a nice 6-8 in bruise also but generally don't penetrate. Now if your attacker/intruder is hopped up on any drugs, you might want to follow that up with 00. There is no perfect solution. Build a safe room and run and hide if you are that worried about it.

To the OP, any soft point or maybe Varmint round would be your best bet if you are worried about penetration. What I find funny also is the fact that most people think LE rounds are hotter or more lethal than standard rounds. Actually its the opposite. LE shotgun= low recoil, LE 223=usually soft points. Now the handgun stuff is a little better though usually.
Old 03-11-2015, 02:48 PM   #39
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
I must be really negligent since I consider an M1A or G3 to be perfect for defending myself at home or about.
This guy...
Old 03-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #40
Nash B.
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
This guy...
172 confirmed kills, bro.
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
172gr, food > bullets 4 kimura, jkd kill with hands, jkd would armband threat, nay sez ass up/head down, svo punch through wall, svo use mk-19, svo855 #1 firearm expert