New family member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New family member

Meet Hunter. My wife and kids pulled him from the Forney shelter a couple of days ago and this dog has impressed me from the beginning. He looks like a Black Mouth Cur but probably not 100% purebred. He has been chill with the kids and already likes sleeping at the wife’s feet.

My immediate goal was leash training. He pulled me relentlessly for the first walk. I only got about 100 yards. 2nd walk was better. Today was walk 3 and we walked about a mile. We still had stops and starts but he made huge progress.

We did encounter some kind of loose chihuahua and everything was fine until the chihuahua tried to play and did the front paw pounce. Hunter was not having that bullshit and charged him. Not growling or menacing but he was going to put the dog in its place.

Good looking dog man!
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Welcome to Hunter!

Comment

Comment

Shit! I thought this was going to be a baby, this is way better!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
            Hah, same. Good lookin pooch.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
              Ha

We took him to the dog park in Rockwall and he did awesome. We had a situation where a larger golden retriever came up a little aggressive to my sons and Hunter went full Old Yeller and put the dog in check. He showed his loyalty after only 3 days.

I’m wondering how big he will get. He is about 70 lbs already and he is about 30 in y’all from head to ground.
              Last edited by mstng86; 06-03-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Need bigger pictures...those are so small I can barely see them.

Comment

Rescue dogs are always great, good looking dig!

Comment

Welcome to the club,we adopted our Ginger two months. Took her to White Rock dog park for the first day today. All dogs should experience it for a day

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                      Welcome to the club,we adopted our Ginger two months. Took her to White Rock dog park for the first day today. All dogs should experience it for a day
                      We went there years ago with another dog. We are going there next weekend.

Comment

Dogs > *

Comment

I think I rather stick to smaller dog parks.

Comment

black mouth cur won't get to 70lbs typically...? That dog looks VERY MUCH like a dog I had a few years ago and turned out to be an Anatolian Shepherd. It grew to 130# and could stand on hind legs and look over the 6' fence! I got him at 8 weeks and had no clue he was going to be that big because the shelter said it was a mutt mix...turned out to be very close to pure bred and stubborn as hell.

Either way, good looking dog and good family member. If anatolian...read up on training NOW.

Comment

Rescue dogs are loving and very loyal pets. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X