1990 R32 GTR Skyline: Buffed and Sealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 R32 GTR Skyline: Buffed and Sealed

Had a guy bring me his freshly imported R32 Skyline to help save the 25 year old paint. The paint certainly wasn't the worst I had seen, but needed a good bit of love. Failed at getting many before pictures as I was excited to get started and ended up finishing at like 1AM so no good daytime pictures:-(

Did an exterior wash and decontamination followed by a 2 stage correction, another wash, wipe down with alcohol to remove any residue and then coated with 22PLE. He won't have to worry about waxing the car for 2 years with proper maintenance and it adds gloss and depth!

Pretty meaty fitment on this car too.

Before:

After:
    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Beautiful!! How much power is it making?

Comment

He keeps doing more stuff so I have no idea! Ha.

Comment

Might not want to post this stuff. The last I checked it was still illegal to import an R32 or R34. As far as I know only R33's are legal to import.

*Edit* I was wrong! Looks like they are legal since 2014. My bad.

Comment

The car is 25 years old. Legal to import into the US. Hundreds if not thousands have been imported legally.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Might not want to post this stuff. The last I checked it was still illegal to import an R32 or R34. As far as I know only R33's are legal to import.

*Edit* I was wrong! Looks like they are legal since 2014. My bad.
            Im not up to speed on all of that, but i'm under the impression from a customer that has an importer's license that 25+ years and older is pretty much fair game.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Im not up to speed on all of that, but i'm under the impression from a customer that has an importer's license that 25+ years and older is pretty much fair game.
              That seems to be it. The last time I checked the R33 was the only one to legally import.

I said my bad, Damn!

Comment

even before the 25 year deal you could bring over a gts-t, just not a gtr. plenty of them that run around richardson/garland.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  even before the 25 year deal you could bring over a gts-t, just not a gtr. plenty of them that run around richardson/garland.
                  None this shiny!

Comment

true, car looks really good!

Comment

so how much are they to buy oversees and how much to import? I'm sure there is still a huge love for these cars but with the technology in some of these cars now a days its easy to overlook those now.

Comment

probably easiest to just buy one here with all the documentation already done.

Nissan is a well-known Japanese automaker that has a strong reputation among JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) performance enthusiasts. The brand is associated with high-performance vehicles such as the Skyline GT-R, Silvia, and 350Z/370Z, which have gained a cult following for their impressive speed and handling capabilities. Nissan has a long history of motorsport success, particularly in touring car racing, and has also produced a number of limited-edition, high-performance models for the JDM market. Many Nissan vehicles, particularly the Skyline GT-R and Silvia, have become iconic figures in the JDM scene, known for their unique styling and performance capabilities. The brand is also known for producing a wide range of affordable and reliable cars.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                          so how much are they to buy oversees and how much to import? I'm sure there is still a huge love for these cars but with the technology in some of these cars now a days its easy to overlook those now.
                          The guy I mentioned above went to canada and picked up his 4 door. It wasnt in perfect shape, but reasonable. IIRC, He's a bit over 5k into it, and saved a ton by going and getting it himself, and not having to pay an importer.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The guy that tuned my 240 just got an R33 Motorex. He showed me the import papers and it was about 43k all said and done. He paid 18k for it from the guy that imported it.

Comment

They could be bought in Japan well under 10k in 2010... very very nice ones. With importing now legal I would assume it's gone up. I knew guys that sent home dozens of gorilla trunks full of parts when they pcs back to the states. Beer and pizza for the movers was all it took to turn a blind eye

Comment

Working...
                              X