1958 3200 Chevrolet Pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is that a contact area?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Is that the long side? I might have an extra.

Comment

• Yes it is in the middle of the wheel bearing surface.

It's the short side.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Yes it is in the middle of the wheel bearing surface.

It's the short side.

That's too bad. I use the short sides.

Comment

• Yeah the short side is much harder to find with it being used for narrowing them.

I think we are just going to have it welded and machined unless I can find one in the next couple days.

Comment

• My Dad picked up the rebuilt rear yesterday and dropped the axle shaft off to be repaired. I think we may just get the housing/diff back in the truck and slide the axles in when we get the bad one back.
              Last edited by NoClassic; 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• The axle is back in and the gear noise is gone.

We also decided to go ahead and do air bags on the front. I should know by now to not even waste time with trying to get these jag setups to sit right with the coil springs.
                Last edited by NoClassic; 04-09-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  Get antique plates, then when you find done nice 58 plates, take them up and have them transfer the antique registration to them.
                  I am 99% sure I have a set of 1958 Texas Truck plates at my shop.

OP, if you want them and if I can find them, they're yours!
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• If you dont have any use for them that would be really cool.

I have been keeping an eye on on ebay and prices are either way high or they are in bad shape.

Let me know if you find them.

Comment

• might do some research, I dont remember if truck plates were eligible.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Truck plates should be fine its the farm tags that cant be used

Comment

Truck plates should be fine its the farm tags that cant be used
                          AH, I think that was my confusion. Rock on!
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If you dont have any use for them that would be really cool.

I have been keeping an eye on on ebay and prices are either way high or they are in bad shape.

Let me know if you find them.
                            I'll let you know. I plan to be there this weekend.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• moar pics. Engine bay, inside cab, etc
                              WH

Comment

• Its stuck in the garage again with the front suspension torn apart.

It will be a couple weeks before I will have any good images with the primer parts of the cab painted.
                                Last edited by NoClassic; 04-10-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X