No announcement yet.

Crossfit Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gym is doing 13.1 tomorrow for the workout. I could barely snatch 135 at the time...haven't maxed out my snatch in a while but I can consistently do 165. If it weren't for all the burpees I'd be stoked about this workout. Wish me luck!
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      The gym is doing 13.1 tomorrow for the workout. I could barely snatch 135 at the time...haven't maxed out my snatch in a while but I can consistently do 165. If it weren't for all the burpees I'd be stoked about this workout. Wish me luck!
      The burpees were nothing since my snatch wasnt that heavy. I managed to get that 135 over my head last year but it was ugly. I knew I was going to have problems there so I took my time on the burpees.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        Awesome man, once you get the hang of it it'll come really easy. You exploding all the way to the top position or you having to do the elbow on the bar thing?
        Little bit of a mixture I would say, didn't do the elbows on the bar, but had to shimmey up and over on my chest, then press up.

I struggle most with the transition, kills my shoulders, pain not fatigue, going to the top of the bar.

Good luck dude, I have to work sat so I'll be doing 14.1 tomorrow instead of with the rest of the class .

Comment

So I got 9 more reps than I did last year. Threw up 135 twelve times. Kinda disappointed but I was away from pretty much all working out for like 2 months and have only been back at it for a month. Burpees still suck ass. I'll be doing 14.1 either Saturday or Monday. The box wants us to do it tomorrow but after all the snatches tonight I figure my best bet is to rest a bit. The double unders will be pretty easy for me as well as the snatches, but my cardio is pretty shitty right now. I'm hoping for 250 reps or more. Best of luck to all of those doing 14.1 this next week.

Comment

I got 181 reps this morning, was hoping for 270 ish, but I'm still not in that great of shape yet. I realized about round 3 I was gassed and struggled from there to finish.

Good luck everyone, I'm sure I'll get smoked by just about everyone.

Comment

Froning is killing it.
              Last edited by Mike; 03-03-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

213 this morning. I wish the weather and my prep had been better but oh well. Those snatches got heavier a lot quicker than I thought they would.

Comment

213 this morning. I wish the weather and my prep had been better but oh well. Those snatches got heavier a lot quicker than I thought they would.
                  I had the same thought, remember thinking, "75# is pretty light."

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                    I had the same thought, remember thinking, "75# is pretty light."
                    I thought I was gonna be ready for it. Went to sleep Sunday night at 11:30pm, barely remember my head hitting my pillow. For some reason I woke up just before 1am, and tried to go back to bed, but just tossed and turned. Around 3am I got hungry so I started munching on chips and salsa (hot) salsa, then tried to go back to sleep. 4:30am rolled around and I said "Fuck it" I'm going in at 5am. Went, and in round two I felt the Salsa trying to creep up my throat...and it just hurt from then on out. Between the hour and a half of sleep, the burning of the salsa (which was delicious going down) and the box being below freezing...this workout sucked. If I was registered for the open, I'd do it again. I honestly think I have 50+ more reps in me. When I was flat-backed on the floor I just saw a cloud of steam coming off my head. It was pretty cool. I'm not much for pictures but I wish somebody would've taken one of that.

Comment

I thought I was gonna be ready for it. Went to sleep Sunday night at 11:30pm, barely remember my head hitting my pillow. For some reason I woke up just before 1am, and tried to go back to bed, but just tossed and turned. Around 3am I got hungry so I started munching on chips and salsa (hot) salsa, then tried to go back to sleep. 4:30am rolled around and I said "Fuck it" I'm going in at 5am. Went, and in round two I felt the Salsa trying to creep up my throat...and it just hurt from then on out. Between the hour and a half of sleep, the burning of the salsa (which was delicious going down) and the box being below freezing...this workout sucked. If I was registered for the open, I'd do it again. I honestly think I have 50+ more reps in me. When I was flat-backed on the floor I just saw a cloud of steam coming off my head. It was pretty cool. I'm not much for pictures but I wish somebody would've taken one of that.
                      I registered just to see where I am, pitifully low at the moment, but it's a starting point and only been doing it about 2 months.

I thought about trying to do it again but I was so sore on Saturday, because my form on snatches suck and I muscle them to the top, I decided against it knowing I wouldn't do any better.

Pretty anxious to see what today brings, and since I work most Saturdays I do my open workout on Fridays, should be interesting.

Comment

Updates?

Comment

last week sucked, did ok but was in pain for a bit over the weekend.

Comment

I didn't register for the open, did every work out though. I pulled a groin muscle about 8 weeks ago, makes my balls feel like they're being pulled on with a plate!

I wish I would have just to compare from last year. We've got some strong members in our box now. A total of 27 people signed up just in our box.
                            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                            X