Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol

Comment

There were so many mindless dorks at the Southlake town center playing this game around the water fountain today. I just shook my head in disbelief

Comment

nintendo accounted for nearly one in four shares that changed hands on the tse's main board. The sharp rise has doubled the kyoto-based company's market capitalization to 4.5 trillion yen ($42.4 billion).

fuck me!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          There were 100's of people in downtown Sherman this evening playing this game.
          Hmmm...maybe go to the Municipal Lawn Gazebo and people watch...?
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

This board has turned in to a bunch of "get off my lawn" wankers
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              This board has turned in to a bunch of "get off my lawn" wankers
              Well...yea...most of us have bought a home in the last 15 years.

Comment

I'm fine with it if they ask. If I find them.sneaking into the property I get pissy.

Comment

While I have zero interest in playing, I can't deny that this game is PURE FRIGGIN GENIUS!

Who ever thought a Pokemon game would be responsible for making MILLIONS of people get off the couch and go outside. Seriously, that is a major accomplishment right there. In less than one week, Pokemon Go has introduced a significant change to the social habits of a significant fraction of the population..

And now they will reap the financial rewards of doing so. I can't wait to see what they make from advertising and marketing in general. How long before brick and mortar stores have Pokemon beacons to attract shoppers? How long before stores are paying up for the right to host high value Pokemon. It'll grow exponentially when it gets tied into Facebook and other social media. With that, retailers would be able to host pokemon that only show up to people in a specific demographic. Those people will probably get a coupon when they catch a pokemon inside a particular store.

Pokemon Go, and games like it that will soon follow, has the potential to reinvigorate brick and mortar retail.

I sure as hell wish I had thought of that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      How long before brick and mortar stores have Pokemon beacons to attract shoppers?
                      Many places have already been doing that, the Dallas Arboretum had a huge thing about it, we have a membership and Jackies been going everyday to catch as many as she can and she's never played Pokemon before. According to her, she just listened/watched for all the kids with phones to get excited and she'd pull out her phone to see what they were catching and get one too.

All your points are on par though, Nintendo's stock is through the roof and they haven't even launched in the most likely biggest market of Japan yet.

Comment

While designer Boon Sheridan and his wife were on the hunt for a unique place to live last year, they found the perfect home in a former church in Holyoke, Massachusetts.

Some idiosyncrasies were to be anticipated while living in the former Victorian-style church, but Sheridan did not expect throngs of people, all staring at their phones, to begin congregating outside of his home.

The people flocking to Sheridan’s house this week are not admiring its original stained glass windows, though—they’re playing the newly released Pokémon GO mobile game. In the game, players aim their phones at areas around them to search for Pokémon in the real world. Then, they battle and train the Pokémon in “gyms,” which in reality are landmark-type places for people to gather. (For example, there are multiple gyms in the Common.) Sheridan’s 1880s-era home is one of those gyms in the app.

It was only when he downloaded the Pokémon GO game on Friday that Sheridan noticed his own home was labeled a Pokémon battleground.

“The last thing I remember before I went to sleep was, ‘It looks like there’s a gym on top of the house. That can’t be right. Ah, whatever.’ So I just closed the app and went to bed,” he says.

But as Sheridan was standing in the kitchen Saturday morning, he noticed three people hanging out on the sidewalk in front of his house.

“The only way I can describe this is—Have you ever seen people standing near each other, but who clearly aren’t together?” says Sheridan. “The three of them were together but just awkwardly spaced enough that it was clear they weren’t there with each other. And they’re all looking through their phones at the house.”

Remembering his previous confusion about the Pokémon GO app, Sheridan realized he was looking out the window at a few Pokémon trainers. Unbeknownst to him, his house had been officially labeled as a gym. He took to Twitter to chronicle the phenomenon.

Comment

Working...
                        X