My triceps hate me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

And then went to 50lb dumbbells for skull crushers.

50x8
    50x8
    50x8
    This right here would make my right arm feel like it's going to explode!
    I haven't been able to do skull crushers in years.

Good weight OP!

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
      You get better results how? You're able to lift more weight/tire out slower?
      it prevents over training, and just as the op stated, it lets you lift more weight. i like this split because i can do bench press with out having to worry about my triceps being tired because my triceps are on a different day. also, it seems to be great for mass gaining because even though triceps are on a different day they are still getting worked that day when i am going chest, then when you couple that with biceps it's involving more muscle groups per day. the same goes with the back/tri day. i also do legs twice a week, once on chest/bi day and the other on the back/tri day. i do each split twice a week, and two of those days are damn near full body work out days because i incorporate legs.

here is my split:

mon-chest/bi/legs
      tues- back/tri
      wed- off
      thurs- chest/bi
      fri- back/tri/legs

i have gained more mass with this split that with any other. i do 3 warm up sets and one heavy working set until failure (mentzer style) when i lift. it has always been hard for me to gain weight though. the most i have ever weighed was 176lbs.
      Last edited by jnobles06; 11-02-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jnobles06 View Post
        it prevents over training, and just as the op stated, it lets you lift more weight. i like this split because i can do bench press with out having to worry about my triceps being tired because my triceps are on a different day. also, it seems to be great for mass gaining because even though triceps are on a different day they are still getting worked that day when i am going chest, then when you couple that with biceps it's involving more muscle groups per day. the same goes with the back/tri day. i also do legs twice a week, once on chest/bi day and the other on the back/tri day. i do each split twice a week, and two of those days are damn near full body work out days because i incorporate legs.

here is my split:

mon-chest/bi/legs
        tues- back/tri
        wed- off
        thurs- chest/bi
        fri- back/tri/legs

i have gained more mass with this split that with any other. i do 3 warm up sets and one heavy working set until failure (mentzer style) when i lift. it has always been hard for me to gain weight though. the most i have ever weighed was 176lbs.
        i guess whatever works best for you but you might just be confusing muscle fatigue with overtraining.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          i guess whatever works best for you but you might just be confusing muscle fatigue with overtraining.
          you are right, but now that i think about it, it seems to help with both.

i usually start out doing it just working out MWF on that split with legs on wed. then after i get used to it i will start doing it twice a week with legs incorporated into the routine on mon. and fri. i do this just so i don't over train.
          Last edited by jnobles06; 11-02-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X