No announcement yet.

Anyone want a nice Rock River 6.8 SPC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have much better hunting bullet selection with the 6.8, but a little more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
      Honestly, Ive looked at the 6.8's and they arent that great. Your actually better of buying a 7.62x39 upper. Ammo is more available in 7.62x39 and it has enough power to kill any game animals in texas.

Actually if you use the 60 gr nossler partions in a 223 it will kill any hog you see also. Federal sells them, for those who dont reload.
      7.62x39 ar15s are a pain in the ass. Magazines are tough to find, are of spotty quality and expensive, and bolt breakage is common.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        7.62x39 ar15s are a pain in the ass. Magazines are tough to find, are of spotty quality and expensive, and bolt breakage is common.
        The cartrige has excessive conical shape. It requires banana mags. I prefer. 300 blk over 6.8.. cheaper to build, cheaper to shoot, and easier to suppress. And at 300 meters, 300 BLK has 16.7% more energy than 7.62x39mm.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

And the variety and abundance of bullets for 300 blk makes it very attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            The cartrige has excessive conical shape. It requires banana mags. I prefer. 300 blk over 6.8.. cheaper to build, cheaper to shoot, and easier to suppress. And at 300 meters, 300 BLK has 16.7% more energy than 7.62x39mm.
            This. I was looking at the 7.62x39 but all of the feeding issues I've read about and the fact that you have to have a specific mag for it makes it a no-go. I have so many regular AR mags as it is, its really beneficial to get a round that fits in them.

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              This. I was looking at the 7.62x39 but all of the feeding issues I've read about and the fact that you have to have a specific mag for it makes it a no-go. I have so many regular AR mags as it is, its really beneficial to get a round that fits in them.
              So... no 6.8?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                So... no 6.8?
                Nope, decided against the 6.8. Its a good round... not gonna argue that, but just the extra expense of extra mags, brass, more bullets (don't have any rounds in the same caliber, but have PLENTY .30 cal around), etc turned me away. I like the ballistics, but not the price tag.

Amazing how you commit almost everything I post to memory. Flattering...

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                  Nope, decided against the 6.8. Its a good round... not gonna argue that, but just the extra expense of extra mags, brass, more bullets (don't have any rounds in the same caliber, but have PLENTY .30 cal around), etc turned me away. I like the ballistics, but not the price tag.

Amazing how you commit almost everything I post to memory. Flattering...
                  I commit everything to memory.

Comment

Working...
                  X