X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate View Post
    Gi = chess
    No gi = checkers jk

lol, Eh..I get what you are saying but it all depends on how you look at it really. Nogi requires superior timing and leverage. What I don't like about Gi is the players who are dependent on the Gi using it as a stall tactic holding on for dear life. Plus, personally, I like to train more for how I plan to use it which in my case would be self defense street applications.

I would like to GTG though to see how we have both progressed since we last rolled together. I've got quite a few more techniques that I've added I would like to try on someone not from our school to see how you will react possibly not knowing what is coming.

Comment

Put on a gi and come on over. Gi you may see stalling in competition for points but we roll to submit in class. Does no one any good to stall in class when nothings on the line. Open up your game and train to get better is how I try to approach it.

Comment

And you should train both as well. Grappling is fun regardless of to vs no gi.

Comment

And you should train both as well. Grappling is fun regardless of to vs no gi.
          I do, just a preference is all. We also train BJJ with striking so you learn how to protect yourself from strikes at all the weird angles so you're not forced just to give your back. Most BJJ guys don't train for it, but we do since it's how it will most likely be used in a real application.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            I do, just a preference is all. We also train BJJ with striking so you learn how to protect yourself from strikes at all the weird angles so you're not forced just to give your back. Most BJJ guys don't train for it, but we do since it's how it will most likely be used in a real application.
            If I was that concerns with self defense I would get a glock and practice some sprints. Haha.

But it all comes down to preference and what your goals are too.

Comment

If I was that concerns with self defense I would get a glock and practice some sprints. Haha.

But it all comes down to preference and what your goals are too.
              I'll come train Gi with you guys I don't mind, it's good for weightloss rolling in that hot as hell Gi. lol. Donnie has been talking about wanting to roll with you too. Haha.

Comment

Anytime just let me know.

Comment

Nate and Steve, is there anything close to DFW?

Comment

Originally posted by xYoung347x View Post
                    Nate and Steve, is there anything close to DFW?
                    Care to narrow "DFW" down to an actual city?
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Care to narrow "DFW" down to an actual city?
                      LOL, yeah that would help narrow it down abit.

Comment

I travel in between Dallas and Fort worth a lot. Mainly north and south Dallas.. I prefer GP/Arlington/N.Dallas... Hopes that narrows it down.

Comment

Jd Shelley is a fantastic instructor at ndbjj and a world champ at the no gi worlds thus year in his division.

Go drop in and try a class at both places and weigh your options of what works best as sachse may be further.

Where do you live? Octagon mma is another school in Dallas with a multiple time world champ Bruno bastos teaching.

But as Steve said start asap. If you have any questions post up as there are people who train. After you get started let me know if you want to drop by to grapple, got mats at my house and some guys and I have been grappling Friday nights and Sundays.
                          Thanks, I'm in McKinney.

Comment

Originally posted by xYoung347x View Post
                            I travel in between Dallas and Fort worth a lot. Mainly north and south Dallas.. I prefer GP/Arlington/N.Dallas... Hopes that narrows it down.
                            Alvarez Bjj is where I train in Arlington. Anytime you want to drop in let me know I will introduce you too a few board members who train and the instructor. Alvarezbjj.com

Advantage jiu jitsu is in Arlington but is a bit pricey. Great instruction though.

Octagon mma in downtown Dallas would be my top choice in Dallas.

Comment

There is also peak performance in nrh and Keller. Paul halme is awesome to train with.

Comment

Machado is in farmers branch if you're interested in a N. Dallas location. A couple of the instructors at the schools mentioned above were students of Machados.
                                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                                X