Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becky Oliver does unfriendly gun report...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The powerlines run behind both the shotgun and rifle range. I don't remember noticing them from the rifle range before. It looks like the new overhangs should block them from view from the benches now.

Comment

The bullet was never linked to the range. For them to be liable they would need more than "I think it came from there." Maybe his wife has a sancho gunning for him?

IMO, Jersey boy needs to shoulder some responsibility for buying/building a house down range.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
        The powerlines run behind both the shotgun and rifle range. I don't remember noticing them from the rifle range before. It looks like the new overhangs should block them from view from the benches now.
        Yeah and I mean you'd really have to be aiming waaaaay high to hit the lines. I could see missing the berm with a new scope or something - but even that is an iffy thing.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

lol, a while back on the news they played this clip over and over..

Becky Oliver was confronting some guy leaving a bar....

Becky Oliver: "Sir, why are you drinking when it is a violation of your parole?"
          Guy : "Why are you such a stupid b%#$@?"
          WRX

Comment

The power lines go up along side the left and out the back

Comment

Seems like from the article gross negligence on the part of the range.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                Seems like from the article gross negligence on the part of the range.
                Yeah, I'm sure there is an amicable solution. However, at the end of the day there are houses inline with a gun range. It's not the gun range's fault.

To me, a nice concession would be to add to the height of the berm. Although it is plenty high for people who do right, it would at least give the appearance of concern to the public.

At the end of the day though, if that range gets shutdown because of this I would be very pissed off. I'm moving way far away from it, so it's not a personal convenience thing, it's the principle of the matter.

I love...

1. How it starts off talking about the noise. However, then one homeowner stated that they would not think to check for a gun range. You'd think the noise would give it away.

2. How they feel they can't sell for high prices.
                a. I had to let my house go cheap, it's the market and location
                b. They CHOSE to build there.

3. I love how finding a shell casing in their yard is somehow the range's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  3. I love how finding a shell casing in their yard is somehow the range's fault.
                  Who found a case? A guy got shot.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    The african american home owner they interviewed claimed she found a casing in her yard.

Comment

Well, that makes sense. It is Garland, after all.

Side note: I found a .38 Special case in the third base coach's box last night during a softball game (Little Elm).
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post

A neighborhood survey shows one man claimed he was scraped in the arm with a stray bullet while riding his bike. He has since moved to California. Another found shell casings in his yard.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/inv...#ixzz1e5H77dCG

Comment

Yes, the range should absolutely have liability insurance. If they don't, the doors should be locked until they do.
                          As far as the shell casing goes...if it was the same caliber as the bullet that struck the homeowner, then everybody needs to stfu, and the police report needs to be amended to have the source of the bullet listed as "unknown".
                          And my point about the living close to an airport was that everybody (not necessarily on here) is screaming that all gun ranges within 3 miles of a house need to be shut down, regardless of whether the range was there first or not. If you live close to an airport and a plane crashes into your neighborhood while trying to land in a storm, are you going to blame the airport? If there are planes on approach or departure and a part falls off of the plane and hits you, are you going to blame the airport? My point is, when you choose to live somewhere near a place that has inherent hazards, be it noise, stray bullets, parts falling off... you knew the risks (or should have) and should bear part of the responsibility. I live 14 miles from DFW airport, and up until about 2 years ago, there were never any planes flying even remotely low over my house. Now, they have shifted the traffic patterns and there are all types and sizes of planes flying over regularly at or below 2000 ft. Do I want to complain? No. There is also a pistol & rifle club less than half a mile away, my house being behind and at a 45 angle to the firing line. There is every chance that a ricochet could reach here. Do I complain? No. It was there when we moved in. They do have liability insurance though.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Yes, the range should absolutely have liability insurance. If they don't, the doors should be locked until they do.
                            As far as the shell casing goes...if it was the same caliber as the bullet that struck the homeowner, then everybody needs to stfu, and the police report needs to be amended to have the source of the bullet listed as "unknown".
                            And my point about the living close to an airport was that everybody (not necessarily on here) is screaming that all gun ranges within 3 miles of a house need to be shut down, regardless of whether the range was there first or not. If you live close to an airport and a plane crashes into your neighborhood while trying to land in a storm, are you going to blame the airport? If there are planes on approach or departure and a part falls off of the plane and hits you, are you going to blame the airport? My point is, when you choose to live somewhere near a place that has inherent hazards, be it noise, stray bullets, parts falling off... you knew the risks (or should have) and should bear part of the responsibility. I live 14 miles from DFW airport, and up until about 2 years ago, there were never any planes flying even remotely low over my house. Now, they have shifted the traffic patterns and there are all types and sizes of planes flying over regularly at or below 2000 ft. Do I want to complain? No. There is also a pistol & rifle club less than half a mile away, my house being behind and at a 45 angle to the firing line. There is every chance that a ricochet could reach here. Do I complain? No. It was there when we moved in. They do have liability insurance though.
                            Ya....but that key word "responsibility". The type of people that complain don't have any. It's someone else fault, not their own.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Word on the street is, that bitch has a cock.

And a tail.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                                Ya....but that key word "responsibility". The type of people that complain don't have any. It's someone else fault, not their own.
                                Well, in the case of the guy that got shot when he's working in his yard, I'd have to agree - it isn't his fault.
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X