Starting Westside for Skinny Bastards III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting Westside for Skinny Bastards III

I am about to start this program and if anyone is interested I will log workouts and track results as well as diet. I have seen this workout around but after I stopped playing competitive sports I figured it would be something I would leave alone. Boredom and a lack of excitement from my current results have made it more of a necessity than I thought it would be.

I guess let me know if you're interested in the program and I'll be happy to oblige.

The Final Chapter by Joe DeFranco When I wrote the original “Skinny Bastards” article, I had a feeling it would generate a great deal of discussion. To be honest, though, I had no idea it would become as popular as it has. At least 75% of the hundreds of emails I receive on a weekly…
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

My lifting routine uses some of the concepts from the original WS4SB routine. I don't have the time right now to read Part 3 but it looks like it just expands on the original template. WS4SB is a good way to get both bigger and stronger. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 is also a good, simple routine for both strength and hypertrophy.

Comment

From what I've read the main difference is that it adds a dynamic lift day along with the heavy days that are used in the first program.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I think there are diminishing returns to dynamic lifting. I'll do a dynamic day every couple months, normally as a deload, but I never felt like they did much for me.

Comment

The dynamic part is for legs so that's alright for me. I augmented it and worked in some weighted exercises.

After my first session last night I felt different this morning. I have definitely been more sore after a workout but my body feels physically worn out like I just worked outside all day. My arms feel heavy and my back feels weak.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Working...
          X