need to drop as much weight in 8 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 hours of cardio around 1200 calories

Your BMR (Basal Metabolism Rate) is probably somewhere around 2100 calories a day. BMR is what you need to breathe and live.

Eat 1500 calories a day in 6 meals.
    2 Hour of cardio 1200 calories burned.

So about 3150 calories a day to maintain weight. 2100 calories BMR subtract out the two hours of cardio about 1950 calories add in the cardio 1200 calories.

3150 -1500 = 1650 calorie deficit or about 11550 calories a week.

3500 calories in a pound of fat.

3.3 pounds a week.

That still leaves you with 3.6 pounds to lose after 8 weeks.

You could possibly get down to 1200 calories a day but it would be an absolute bitch, you'd be tired and grumpy but would get you to 30 pounds lost in 8 weeks.
    Originally posted by Denny
    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
      2 hours of cardio around 1200 calories

Your BMR (Basal Metabolism Rate) is probably somewhere around 2100 calories a day. BMR is what you need to breathe and live.

Eat 1500 calories a day in 6 meals.
      2 Hour of cardio 1200 calories burned.

So about 3150 calories a day to maintain weight. 2100 calories BMR subtract out the two hours of cardio about 1950 calories add in the cardio 1200 calories.

3150 -1500 = 1650 calorie deficit or about 11550 calories a week.

3500 calories in a pound of fat.

3.3 pounds a week.

That still leaves you with 3.6 pounds to lose after 8 weeks.

You could possibly get down to 1200 calories a day but it would be an absolute bitch, you'd be tired and grumpy but would get you to 30 pounds lost in 8 weeks.
      I am going to try this and see how this goes... Friday morning weight was 235 i will weight every Friday mornng and see where I am at. hmmm let see how it goes... how much do you all think I will weigh on Friday morning?

Comment

Originally posted by CDHSTANG View Post
        I am going to try this and see how this goes... Friday morning weight was 235 i will weight every Friday mornng and see where I am at. hmmm let see how it goes... how much do you all think I will weigh on Friday morning?
        Well... you should be 231.7 pounds.

But seriously, it really is that simple. Calories in - calories out = net calories. If net calories is negative you lose weight and if it is positive you gain weight.

As someone pointed out above... weight loss starts in the kitchen. People don't realize how many calories they actually put in their body.

Do this for a couple of days. Go to Wal-Mart and looks at the Weight Watcher Smart Ones. They have the calorie counts on them. You can get breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. If Wal-Mart has them on sale you can get 1500 calories a day in for less than $10.

Do two days of the meals from breakfast to dinner and count up to 1500 calories. If you are used to eating 2500-3000 calories a day like most people you'll go "Holy Fuck!"

I use the Smartones for mid-meals sometimes when I don't feel like making anything. The Santa Fe Beans and Rice, Chicken Enchiladas Suiza and Ham and Egg Cheese Scrambles are pretty good for boxed shit.

I wouldn't recommend it for the entire 8 weeks since fresh is better but this will give you a great idea of what a 1500 calorie diet feels like.

If you have time breakup your cardio into two sessions. One in the morning and one in the evening. It will make it much easier to maintain and also will keep your metabolism rocking all day.
        Originally posted by Denny
        I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Read POSE, and ChiRunning both. There is a lot of good advice in both on form and how to change your posture and running techinique so you don't literally die from pain.

Running in pain will not help you. You'll give up.

I never believed in pain free running until I spent a super long time working on my form. Now I can work on speed and better fitness.

You may also want to watch POSE and Chi Running videos on Youtube. There are tons of them and they are free. Also watch some barefoot running videos. Now barefoot running can literally kill you, but it has a huge advantage in that if you don't die from it you will indeed learn perfect technique.

I can run 5k in minimalist shoes now at the drop of a hat. I could run 2 or 3 a day if I had the time.

In the military you have more time to work out . I know your boss will always let you out for a jog. I remember.

So get to walking or jogging and track your calorie deficit like a hawk.

I don't worry about how much weight I'm losing, but lost about 30 this past year. I weigh myself daily, but I don't have a mandatory goal to hit like you do .

By this time next year, I will be under my Navy required weight and in better shape than I ever was while in the Navy.

The key to jogging and running is technique! The key to weight loss is a calorie deficit.

The one dietary tip I do believe in that I have learned this year, is only eat carbs within one hour of working out (before or after doesn't matter). I try to skip carbs at dinner but it is honestly harder than I care to think about.

The keys to cycling and swimming are also technique but neither of them stresses your engine like running.

If you can run 5 or 6 days a week for 8 weeks and not overeat, you have an awesome chance to feel better than you have in a super long time.

It is going to be hellish though. I won't like about that. If you need some encouragement, PM. Heck I'll call and yell at you on the phone if you need me to.

Comment

If you get close to your target weight, you can go for a nice long ass run the morning of your weigh in and sweat out 2 or 3 pounds easy.

If you weigh yourself before and after working out you'll know this too .

You can find articles on maintaining your fluid balance and drinking as much as you sweat out. The day of the weigh in is one day you'll want to wait to regain your balance.

Comment

livestrong.com

Track your calories on that website. Everything OldGuysRule is saying is exactly what I am doing. I have lost around 25lbs in about 10 weeks without exercise. So with some exercise, it should shed off.

Also pay close attention to your carb intake. I would do more than 250 to 300g of carbs a day.

Make sure you drink a shit ton of water.

Comment

Well so with little to no work out this week I weighted in at 231.5 just 5minutes ago. The things I did ate healthy and not to late walked 95% of the time at work vs driving around base and have not have any soda's but did treat myself to 2 blue monsters. Not to shabby I would say tomorrow we start the working out plus what i have done this week.

Comment

Run in the mornings. Before breakfast. Get home, shower, shave etc. then eat breakfast. Great metabolism kick as well as taking advantage of your empty tank after sleeping.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                  X