Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheaper you can build them, the smarter you are

Comment

not that i owe anyone (esp. sam) an explanation, but i'm not going to b.s. anyone, i'm obviously disappointed with the outcome of this weekend. i really wanted to put up the time and i didn't.

the cruise was a total flop for me, the radials just wouldn't hook, i turned the controller down to 0psi on the gate for the launch (making about 4psi on the spring) and ramped it in slow and still was roasting the radials off the brake. car did go 117-118mph like 4-5 times in a row, but the 2+ second 60's were doing it no favors. imo the track wasn't prepped well enough for a moderately fast radial car.

the grudge race was better, but the car wants A LOT more power out of the hole and a lot faster ramp to not be flat. first run i left the controller off on accident, second run i didn't give it enough on the launch, third run was clean but got no slip, fourth was real strong but i pedaled it like a moron to a 6.0, and the fifth run i got out of the groove towards the wall then across to the center line, pedaled the entire way to a 6.1@113.

the car (and myself) likes the slicks, had the track stayed open till midnight giving me another 2 runs i think it could have really picked up a lot by me giving it a lot more out of the hole and a REAL fast ramp, but that is neither here nor there. should'a, could'a, but didn't.

the car has the power and is more the capable in my opinion, the only thing holding it back at this point is my inexperience and not having traction/slicks. i hope to fix both of those shortly.

Comment

Who was the guy hotlapping his new 5.0 over and over? It was a black car.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          not that i owe anyone (esp. sam) an explanation, but i'm not going to b.s. anyone, i'm obviously disappointed with the outcome of this weekend. i really wanted to put up the time and i didn't.

the cruise was a total flop for me, the radials just wouldn't hook, i turned the controller down to 0psi on the gate for the launch (making about 4psi on the spring) and ramped it in slow and still was roasting the radials off the brake. car did go 117-118mph like 4-5 times in a row, but the 2+ second 60's were doing it no favors. imo the track wasn't prepped well enough for a moderately fast radial car.

the grudge race was better, but the car wants A LOT more power out of the hole and a lot faster ramp to not be flat. first run i left the controller off on accident, second run i didn't give it enough on the launch, third run was clean but got no slip, fourth was real strong but i pedaled it like a moron to a 6.0, and the fifth run i got out of the groove towards the wall then across to the center line, pedaled the entire way to a 6.1@113.

the car (and myself) likes the slicks, had the track stayed open till midnight giving me another 2 runs i think it could have really picked up a lot by me giving it a lot more out of the hole and a REAL fast ramp, but that is neither here nor there. should'a, could'a, but didn't.

the car has the power and is more the capable in my opinion, the only thing holding it back at this point is my inexperience and not having traction/slicks. i hope to fix both of those shortly.
          Sounds like u need to look at the suspention in the car for the radials. How much air are u running? My car will go down any track with a radial after we set the car up. We get mid 1.20 60 foots. just somthing to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
            Sounds like u need to look at the suspention in the car for the radials. How much air are u running? My car will go down any track with a radial after we set the car up. We get mid 1.20 60 foots. just somthing to think about.
            shed some wisdom this way. i'd love to make it work with the radials, just cannot seem to make anything happen now that i am on the glide with the brake. who set your car up?

this is the kind of launch i was seeing with NOTHING on the gate at the cruise (no, this was not my burnout)

Comment

Manny at hpp. If u would like to pm me i will share some secrets just do want to post my stuff on here we are trying to win races and i want the other guys to figure it out on there own.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Maybe it was that 20% Samantha tune that held u back James haha

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0 n it View Post
                    you can vouch that even on the 6.0 i wasn't throwing nearly enough at it.

Comment

how much of that was "sponsorship" money or is ocii just full of it?
                      Im speaking about the amount of money I have in the car not the previous owner.
                      Correction I have $30,688 in the car.
                      You wouldn't add the total amount of money spent on your car in its lifetime would you?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0 n it View Post
                        Don't blame it on me. That's all the car has in it at this time. It's a consistant 6.2@118 Turbo junkyard motor Mustang.

The Nitrous junkyard motor black Mustang is 100% my tune. The ET shows and consistency shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                          Im speaking about the amount of money I have in the car not the previous owner.
                          Correction I have $30,688 in the car.
                          You wouldn't add the total amount of money spent on your car in its lifetime would you?
                          It's a 70k build regardless of what you paid or what sponsors paid, etc. just because the guy you bought it from fire sold it doesn't mean the parts on the car don't add up to what you paid for the entire car.

I really hope you are not still abroad wasting your time ebattling with me over my timer evading fluke mobile.

Comment

Don't blame it on me. That's all the car has in it at this time. It's a consistant 6.2@118 Turbo junkyard motor Mustang.

The Nitrous junkyard motor black Mustang is 100% my tune. The ET shows and consistency shows.
                            The black car ready?
                            I wanna see what my 3400lb. Car has against a 2500lbs car

Comment

you can vouch that even on the 6.0 i wasn't throwing nearly enough at it.
                              True, you just need to work on small stuff and hold the gas pedal down the whole way IMO... Car was lookin good though

Comment

Mofo don't idle for shit, but true, its consistent

Comment

Working...
                                X