No announcement yet.

What's a good carbine length AR to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good carbine length AR to buy?

I dont know much about these, but I want to buy one before the ban. I bought a bushmaster about a week ago, the last one bass pro had. It looks like an m4, but it isnt what i want.

Anyone got a suggestion. I'm sure ill have to wait, but I want it to be worth it. 16in barrel.

Thanks.

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    I dont know much about these, but I want to buy one before the ban. I bought a bushmaster about a week ago, the last one bass pro had. It looks like an m4, but it isnt what i want.

Anyone got a suggestion. I'm sure ill have to wait, but I want it to be worth it. 16in barrel.

Thanks.
    Your bushy probably is a carbine. 16" barrel?
    IMG_0424

Comment

If you want something different

1) sell bushmaster on gunbroker for twice what you paid,
      2) wait for prices to come back down after legislation doesn't pass and panic buying is over,
      3) purchase new AR at this time

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
        If you want something different

1) sell bushmaster on gunbroker for twice what you paid,
        2) wait for prices to come back down after legislation doesn't pass and panic buying is over,
        3) purchase new AR at this time
        Your delusional if you dont think SOME type of legislature is going to be put through. I feel at this point it will be passed just to save face regardless of the effectiveness. Obummer said he was going to do it and he will just to say that he did.

Comment

The two lengths you'll find are 16", and 14.5", the second having a permanently attached muzzle device, so it comes to 16" in barrel length total. All rifles have to be 16" or longer, unless you have an NFA registered weapon.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Then im guessing the 14.5 with tne muzzle device.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              Your delusional if you dont think SOME type of legislature is going to be put through. I feel at this point it will be passed just to save face regardless of the effectiveness. Obummer said he was going to do it and he will just to say that he did.
              At the state level, residents should be worried if they live in a place like CA or NY. At the federal level, I'm not too worried.

Comment

I would love to hear why because everyone else sure is worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  The two lengths you'll find are 16", and 14.5", the second having a permanently attached muzzle device, so it comes to 16" in barrel length total. All rifles have to be 16" or longer, unless you have an NFA registered weapon.
                  Well stupid question. If you could remove the flash suppressor couldn't you find an oil filter to put on the end of the barrel that matches the threading of the flash suppressor to create a silencer.

Comment

IMHO, 16" is the first one you should acquire. I had bought a 20" bull barrel gun - loved it but was useless for the general stuff I do. I like to do more rapid fire sessions trying to keep bullets within a certain tolerance. The bull barrel is great for that when prone/supported positions. Anything else it becomes an ass whooping.

Also, if you're getting ready for the end of the world or something - you'd need to think that you'd be mobile. A 30rd mag + 18-22" (or more) bull barrel would suck. Rather just pack more stuff on my back where it is much easier.

Either way, I got rid of that for a 16". That is long enough to shoot accurately with irons, even better with optics, light and all that jazz.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others will disagree.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

16" is my opinion as well

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Well stupid question. If you could remove the flash suppressor couldn't you find an oil filter to put on the end of the barrel that matches the threading of the flash suppressor to create a silencer.
                        You could if you want to break the law. Good luck finding a oil filter small enough to fit the threads and even better luck in your future legal proceedings.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My next build will be a pinned flash hider in a 14.5"
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

if your only desire is to get a "grandfathered" device then how do you now what will be "grandfathered"?

And my impression was the AR is like the lego set of rifles, you bought a solid platform now just get a new barrel, or is that not the way it works?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                              if your only desire is to get a "grandfathered" device then how do you now what will be "grandfathered"?
                              Assumptions would begin with anything purchased / assembled prior to the legislation being enacted. There seems to be some debate on the "assembled" part.

Comment

Working...
                              X