Biker down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Lol! It is fine the way it is. I need to figure out what sprockets to run though.
    Just run stock for now .... 1 down 2 up later. If you do the conversion now it will just ruin the bike for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      Just run stock for now .... 1 down 2 up later. If you do the conversion now it will just ruin the bike for you.
      I need to figure out what is on it right now. It isn't a stock setup. Why would it ruin the bike for me? Don't fear the gear.

<---4.56
      2012 GT500

Comment

Once you start tinkering you're going to want more, then you'll get a 750, then you'll want a liter bike, then you'll want a turbo, then you'll be offering to blow Grape for some engine work on your turbo bike, and then you'll stop eating to go faster, and then...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
          Once you start tinkering you're going to want more, then you'll get a 750, then you'll want a liter bike, then you'll want a turbo, then you'll be offering to blow Grape for some engine work on your turbo bike, and then you'll stop eating to go faster, and then...
          already want more. Lol. If im buying sprockets, why not buy the ones I want?
          2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
            already want more. Lol. If im buying sprockets, why not buy the ones I want?
            If you want more take it to the track. You have no idea exactly how slow you are.

You start changing sprockets to quick and you will have a hard time going back.

Comment

Did +1 -2
              2012 GT500

Comment

Hope you at least went steel instead of aluminum.

Comment

really no reason not to gear it, especially if youre a big guy....and i always go steel counter sprocket and aluminum rear..

Comment

Make sure you pay carefull attention to what you are doing. This engine was used in a more harsh environment than most, but you get the idea that a chain can cost you an engine, cut a throttle body in half, etc...
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      Hope you at least went steel instead of aluminum.
                      driven 520 kit

2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                        Make sure you pay carefull attention to what you are doing. This engine was used in a more harsh environment than most, but you get the idea that a chain can cost you an engine, cut a throttle body in half, etc...
                        Did he loose a masterlink or did the chain just break?
                        2004 Suzuki DL650
                        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          this. a broken chain at speed is no fun....just hope it spits out the back instead of the pic above.

Comment

Really rough race track, chain guide drug the dirt and got bent, and you see the result.
                            pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                            X