Local X275 racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local X275 racing?

Why do you think we don't have the spectator turn out for these races?

And what can we do to fix it?
    http/www.texasturboboys.com

Every race fan loves t shirts. Give a free 275 Shirt away for the first 25 people or sell some.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Outside of our little racing world, who knows they are happening? I NEVER see advertising. It's usually word of mouth or the little exposure on the local websites and Facebook.
      903-870-8109

Thank you:
      2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
      Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
      Jimmy Patton for the pit help
      Chris Fowler for the motor work
      TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
      NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
      Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
      Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
      Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

because there are too many girly men in dfw.

i love watching you 275 guys when you come out to ennis. i like ennis because they dont charge you fucking $20 to watch, and theyre close to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WTS View Post
          Why do you think we don't have the spectator turn out for these races?

And what can we do to fix it?
          This is a great question. I have wondered the same thing. The first thing I would like to find out is what is the spectator turnout at other races x275 races? HMP down in Houston, MIR in Maryland, I think Cecil has an x275 class also etc.

I think the first thing is advertising. In this world we live in with facebook and twitter etc, advertising and getting the word out should not be a problem. Does Tex275 have a FB page? I may have "liked" them on FB years ago but I don't recall seeing anything from them as far as updates etc. Check out Duck X Productions for example.......he puts on 2 races pe year and they're huge. He updates his page multiple times daily. They may only be pictures of cars but they page is constantly in front of my face and it never leaves my conscious. I feel if Tex275 did this, word would spread very quickly or at least it would be in front of our eyes daily.

Northstar Dragway updates their page on a regular basis as well. I feel this has to work well for them too.

Bryan brings up a good point too. When was the last time Tex275 sold t-shirts???
          Last edited by jason07; 10-10-2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I just looked, the last post Texas True 10.5 made was jan 28th.

We don't even call it that anymore do we?

Comment

Every 275 race I've attended was at North Star. Ennis is too far of a drive for me. 114 miles one way.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                Every 275 race I've attended was at North Star. Ennis is too far of a drive for me. 114 miles one way.
                I think this has something to do with it too. If I recall, Tex275 was at Redline the better part of this year and all of last year. This track, for some, is way across the world. I do realize that the tracks have to come to an agreement with the racing organization but surely Redline and Ennis aren't the only ones who would like to have this class?

Kennedale has the pro5.0 race monthly or so, combine it with that race. Denton has similar large events, combine Tex275 with that. This way, you get spectators from all across the metroplex.

Comment

For me $20 a person to spectate is kind of crazy. That makes it $40 for me and the wife to get in, plus food. Also as mentioned every race is at least 1 1/2 hr drive one way for me, and with most races ending at 1,2,3 am, driving home that late is just not appealing. If more races were at Denton and the entry was maybe $15 or so then I would be more interested in attending. Probably a big thing would be the lack of advertisement. We get a ton of customers in the shop that have never heard of the class.(probably 80-90% of them have never heard of it)

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                    This is a great question. I have wondered the same thing. The first thing I would like to find out is what is the spectator turnout at other races x275 races? HMP down in Houston, MIR in Maryland, I think Cecil has an x275 class also etc.

I think the first thing is advertising. In this world we live in with facebook and twitter etc, advertising and getting the word out should not be a problem. Does Tex275 have a FB page? I may have "liked" them on FB years ago but I don't recall seeing anything from them as far as updates etc. Check out Duck X Productions for example.......he puts on 2 races pe year and they're huge. He updates his page multiple times daily. They may only be pictures of cars but they page is constantly in front of my face and it never leaves my conscious. I feel if Tex275 did this, word would spread very quickly or at least it would be in front of our eyes daily.

Northstar Dragway updates their page on a regular basis as well. I feel this has to work well for them too.

Bryan brings up a good point too. When was the last time Tex275 sold t-shirts???
                    I think the Facebook/Twitter deal is a good idea also. Update it a few times a day with pics, videos, driver profiles, t-shirt/sticker giveaways, hell even get some discussion going about rules, or "what combo is the best" like all the Yellowbullet threads in the x275 section. Post updates about races, at other tracks, or races at the tracks Tex275 races at, to give people a heads up of whats going on. All that stuff will keep the page at the top and people will see it.

Comment

FB is obviously a good idea, what I don't get is why stop so early in the season? Weather is just now getting good for both the racers and the fans. Race till November or have a break in the august month when it's so hot.

I love the 275 races, I like the full bodied cars going head to head.
                      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

All above are good ideals. Who wants to keep up with the Facebook page for tex275? I can get info needed to take it over.

Comment

We take breaks in winter months to do upgrades. Tracks being cold don't equal surface for drag radials. If kennedale would change how they prep or get someone to show them a few times how to do it I would be in for kennedale. But then you have the same deal people on the east side of the metroplex won't want to come over on Fridays. You can't compare Houston or other tracks to our local stuff cause most other track have a race with several classes on the same night. Then you have people that look how far they drive to race. You can't do that when your trying to support a group. I have raced every track in dfw area, Houston, Abilene, Ardmore, noble, and Tulsa just to run small tires races with small payouts.

Comment

[QUOTE=Blackpony;1173117]
                            with most races ending at 2,3 am, that late is just not appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                              All above are good ideals. Who wants to keep up with the Facebook page for tex275? I can get info needed to take it over.
                              I could certainly talk about this with someone. I think there should be a Tex275 facebook page though. The texas true 10.5 would get too confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X