No announcement yet.

Local X275 racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My sons are bringing their X275 car down to Denton next week for a race. Had 31 cars tonight in Tulsa..
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
      My sons are bringing their X275 car down to Denton next week for a race. Had 31 cars tonight in Tulsa..
      Friday or Saturday?

Comment

The big races in Denton like the one they are having 25-26 that pays 15k to win
        Is not the same as TEX275
        Tex275 is the monthly 275 race and that's what we need to grow
        The big money races bring cars from the whole country witch we local 275 guys support also
        http/www.texasturboboys.com

Comment

More fun stuff for the fans to do and see. Too much down time between rounds. Need to package this class with other classes to make a full night of racing where the fans have something to keep them interested thru out the night.

Remember the fun ford days no one complained about it Lots of other classes
          to keep things rolling. Promod, Tex275 with 2 classes,King of the Hill, Etc. That would be a good show and give everyone a place to race

Just my opinion

Originally posted by WTS View Post
          Why do you think we don't have the spectator turn out for these races?

And what can we do to fix it?
          sigpic

Comment

The big money races bring cars from the whole country witch we local 275 guys support also
            Believe they're leaving thursday night after work... They just picked up the car about 8 months ago and are in their "learning" curve.. They will probably do more traveling next year, so maybe they will make the monthly show down there..

Comment

youll see cars but the cars are getting out of hand again like KOTH etc did. not budget unless you index it and that wont be no fun.. just dont see much spectators unless pro mods etc are with the x275

Comment

I'm one of 68rr's sons. ..

What are the pay outs for these races? Where the rules? What track?

We have a monthly race in noble every month. Mod275

Comment

I really think dfw having so many "good" tracks hurts the turnout. We have tons of racecars/races in the area every weekend and everybody just goes where is most convenient for them. No reason not to really.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    For me $20 a person to spectate is kind of crazy. That makes it $40 for me and the wife to get in, plus food. Also as mentioned every race is at least 1 1/2 hr drive one way for me, and with most races ending at 1,2,3 am, driving home that late is just not appealing. If more races were at Denton and the entry was maybe $15 or so then I would be more interested in attending. Probably a big thing would be the lack of advertisement. We get a ton of customers in the shop that have never heard of the class.(probably 80-90% of them have never heard of it)
                    x2

Shit is getting expensive & you toss in the cost of fuel to drive there & then $20 a ticket per person. Hell the movies are cheaper and prolly closer! I think if they made tickets not so expensive. I would be game for taking my 3 step sons to watch these races! But not at $20 a ticket! That's $80 just for me & the boys to get in & then fuel to get there & go home
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

At the races here this past weekend, there was no spectator ticket, just a 10 dollar parking fee.. place was crowded..

Comment

Originally posted by LSX121 View Post
                        More fun stuff for the fans to do and see. Too much down time between rounds. Need to package this class with other classes to make a full night of racing where the fans have something to keep them interested thru out the night.

Remember the fun ford days no one complained about it Lots of other classes
                        to keep things rolling. Promod, Tex275 with 2 classes,King of the Hill, Etc. That would be a good show and give everyone a place to race

Just my opinion
                        This...... The last two races i went to were 275 and street cars between rounds..... I dont want to see that i what to watch other fast cars. If i want to watch street cars ill go to cedar creek LOL

Comment

I dont mind the late nights as long as its a night of full racing......last race i went to i left i 2am cuz i was falling asleep watching street cars between rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                            Maybe Genes trip to Ducks race @ SGMP will help Denton continue to grow .
                            I don't know what time they rap it up at SGMP, but they were running semi's at 3:00 am at Gene's race. That's to late for me.
                            sigpic
                            "Thank you"
                            Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
                            SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
                            Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
                            Lucas Oil:
                            Quick Fuel Technology:
                            360 Wrap

Comment

I'd blame the racers when the races last too long. It's one thing if a car breaks, but when you have to be called to the lanes multiple times it's annoying. Like originally posted, if you're late, you're out. I've been to several bracket programs with 75 cars in each class and ran 10 times faster.
                              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by geronimo View Post
                                I don't know what time they rap it up at SGMP, but they were running semi's at 3:00 am at Gene's race. That's to late for me.
                                The last EX275 race at Northstar lasted so early into the morning because they didn't start first round till 9:00 PM or some such. There was a high of 106 that day, I don't really blame them in that case.

Comment

Working...
                                X