No announcement yet.

Quickest route to a Thunderbeast 30P-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but you aint gonna get one in time. I have a 30p-1 sitting waiting for me. It just came in and then the site went down. The stamp will be filed for by snail mail either tomorrow or Tues I am hoping. About the only way I can see you getting one is to pay to take your transfer guy to go with you on your hunting trip so he can be in legal possession.

Comment

Not a fan of the sakers? Or going for the lighter weight.

Comment

Ya know, if you had a friend with a can that reeeeeally trusted you... you could have them add you to their trust and take that. Otherwise, you're not gunna make it now.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          OK, since Silencer Shop has clogged the system and doesn't have the 30P-1 in stock (even though they show it), I need one PDQ.

I have an elk tag for Wyoming in October, and I need it by then.

What's the best route since e-filing seems to be not what it was cracked up to be?

What caliber are you putting it on?

Comment

Originally posted by phaux View Post
            Ya know, if you had a friend with a can that reeeeeally trusted you... you could have them add you to their trust and take that. Otherwise, you're not gunna make it now.
            Well, that may happen. I may have to be a trustee for a temporary time :-)

There are four of us going on that trip and we've all planned on going suppressed.

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
            What caliber are you putting it on?
            We all bought .300 Win Mags for this trip. I bought a Remington 700 CDL.

Comment

I paper filed for mine last November. I'd bet I might have it by then, but I think you're about 6mo late in procuring one yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                I paper filed for mine last November. I'd bet I might have it by then, but I think you're about 6mo late in procuring one yourself.
                At least. With the eforms outage becoming permanent and the proposed rule changes coming up in June, I would put good money on wait times creeping towards a year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                  A Saker isn't rated past .308. He is going to be hunting with 300 Win Mag.

If it were me, I might have looked hard at the Silencerco Harvester. There cans have never disappointed me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
                    The saker is really meant for full auto 7.62 fire, that's it's real advantage. I would never want to carry one of those 20oz sakers around on a hunting rifle. The thunderbeast is a good option, light titanium. The arbiter is another good choice, coming in a few ounces lighter than the thunderbeast, and cheaper. Both .300 mag rated, and both are designed as long range suppressors.
                    Last edited by CJ; 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      The saker is really meant for full auto 7.62 fire, that's it's real advantage. I would never want to carry one of those 20oz sakers around on a hunting rifle. The thunderbeast is a good option, light titanium. The arbiter is another good choice, coming in a few ounces lighter than the thunderbeast, and cheaper. Both .300 mag rated.
                      Only reason I threw the Harvester in there is it is 4.7 ounces lighter and can be had for $525 plus stamp. Pretty smokin deal if you are looking for a bolt action can.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        Only reason I threw the Harvester in there is it is 4.7 ounces lighter and can be had for $525 plus stamp. Pretty smokin deal if you are looking for a bolt action can.
                        Oh yeah definitely, couldn't agree more on that. The harvester is what I would recommend for anyone without a full auto 7.62, however the saker does look better, the harvester has a weird ass brake built into it. Don't know how it does as far as accuracy though.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I could be wrong, but isn't the Harvester direct thread on?

Comment

I could be wrong, but isn't the Harvester direct thread on?
                            Yes, I dont see the problem with that if you planned to shoot the rifle almost always suppressed or had one of those bad ass hidden thread protectors that TPM puts out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                              Yes, I dont see the problem with that if you planned to shoot the rifle almost always suppressed or had one of those bad ass hidden thread protectors that TPM puts out.
                              That's why it's so cheap then. That's the easiest way to make a cheap, light, and accurate can, direct thread on. Nothing wrong with that, but you will be playing musical chairs with brakes and flash hiders. Having a thread over muzzle brake is nice because you don't have to screw with anything, only downside is some of the brakes are expensive ($135/pop for SAS TOMB's.)

Comment

That's why it's so cheap then. That's the easiest way to make a cheap, light, and accurate can, direct thread on. Nothing wrong with that, but you will be playing musical chairs with brakes and flash hiders. Having a thread over muzzle brake is nice because you don't have to screw with anything, only downside is some of the brakes are expensive ($135/pop for SAS TOMB's.)
                                True, that is why I said that it would be a fine can as long as the rifle was always shot suppressed or had one of those TPM thread protectors.

Comment

Working...
                                X