Quickest route to a Thunderbeast 30P-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
    True, that is why I said that it would be a fine can as long as the rifle was always shot suppressed or had one of those TPM thread protectors.

You can also send it over to Atwell. Andrew can do those as well. Honestly any scoped gun I have is always shot with a can on it, never without. I don't get much POI shift, but why not have it perfect every time?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Well, I got in a rush and ordered the Harvester at 9am this morning before reviewing this thread.

The rep at SS told me that he's shot a Harvester on a .308 shop gun and was hitting a steel rabbit cutout at 500 yards. He has also shot one on his .300 Win Mag and says he has no accuracy issues.

If he's hitting a rabbit at 500, I'm sure I can hit an elk out to 800.

He told me that ATF told them to hold off for 3 weeks, and if the e-file site isn't up by then, send them by mail.

I'll probably have to have someone add me to their trust so I can use a can for the hunt..... Dammit!

Comment

That's a good choice. All the cans we've been discussing are twice the price of that Harvester. It's light and accurate. That's what matters. I give less and less a shit when the price drops about what it can and can't do.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          That's a good choice. All the cans we've been discussing are twice the price of that Harvester. It's light and accurate. That's what matters. I give less and less a shit when the price drops about what it can and can't do.
          I'm satisfied with it. I'll hopefully get another can soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            At least. With the eforms outage becoming permanent and the proposed rule changes coming up in June, I would put good money on wait times creeping towards a year and a half.
            links to changes for June or care to elaborate/start new thread?

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              links to changes for June or care to elaborate/start new thread?
              All nfa forms require cleo signoff, trust or no trust.

Comment

All nfa forms require cleo signoff, trust or no trust.
                Well, that sucks. Our local asshat doesn't like NFA items.

Comment

get it in writing, submit it directly to ATF and circumvent him.

Comment

If they'll do it in writing. I've also been curious if you must attempt other avenues before the ATF gives some waiver. Always heard that rumor.

Comment

He only signs 6 per month is the rumor and you basically have to be a buddy of his. Not sure about getting the written denial but I will find out if that is how this clown does it.

Comment

He only signs 6 per month is the rumor and you basically have to be a buddy of his. Not sure about getting the written denial but I will find out if that is how this clown does it.
                        just write him and include the form. If he denies it he has to write you back.

Comment

Who is it/county?

Comment

just write him and include the form. If he denies it he has to write you back.
                            He can't just throw it in the trash?
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              Who is it/county?
                              City of College Station, Brazos County. Not sure of his name, just going off what I was told at my favorite local gun store when I inquired about stuff in their case.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                                He can't just throw it in the trash?
                                Most cities require written requests to public officials to be responded to. I'm sure there will be some idiots that don't. Some states require the CLEO to sign off to all requests if there is no criminal reason not to.

Comment

Working...
                                X