U.S. Embassy Bagdhad is under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
    So did we just start WWIII by blowing up the Iranian general? This should be an interesting year
    And completely ignore the fact that he was a commanding general in a foreign country and his followers just attacked an American embassy? He was Iran's version of Himmler. He got to act with impunity for decades and finally got sloppy so we took him out and on Iraqi soil.

Iran had to do something to save face so they sent over a bunch of Fateh-110 missiles that didn't hurt anyone when his funeral started.

I am concerned about that plane crash though. Iran isn't letting Boeing take a look at the data recorder and it was Ukranian. I can only imagine who might have been on a Ukranian flagged airliner leaving Tehran immediately after a bunch of missiles are launched, probably a whole bunch of people the Russians would want to take out.

Comment

Comment

Well they did attack our embassy first! Maybe someone wants the US to leave? I’m no genius but the killing of the General was like adding gas to a campfire. This will be interesting the next in charge will take his place and here we go again. Or maybe they all just give up and leave it alone. Stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
          Well they did attack our embassy first! Maybe someone wants the US to leave? I’m no genius but the killing of the General was like adding gas to a campfire. This will be interesting the next in charge will take his place and here we go again. Or maybe they all just give up and leave it alone. Stay tuned
          how prophetic

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

I am concerned about that plane crash though. Iran isn't letting Boeing take a look at the data recorder and it was Ukranian. I can only imagine who might have been on a Ukranian flagged airliner leaving Tehran immediately after a bunch of missiles are launched, probably a whole bunch of people the Russians would want to take out.
            Yeah...when I first heard about the plane going down I instantly started wondering about that...and now they are refusing to let Boeing look at the data is almost a guarantee that something is up

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Yeah...when I first heard about the plane going down I instantly started wondering about that...and now they are refusing to let Boeing look at the data is almost a guarantee that something is up
              There is supposedly now satellite video evidence of Iranian anti aircraft missiles that took down that plane.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                There is supposedly now satellite video evidence of Iranian anti aircraft missiles that took down that plane.
                This is a VERY big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                  If this gets proven and I were Trump I would destroy every single airplane in the entire country just on general principle. I'd also tell them to handle the criminal trial for the downing of the plane internally and that I expect some senior officials heads on pikes or the families of the deceased to receive qisas or diya pronto.
                  Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 01-09-2020, 12:47 PM.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I've got $10 that says the remains of that plane have alsready been sent through whatever grinder, recycling plant, etc. Iran can find to destroy as much evidence as possible. Or every citizen was required to take a piece and bury it in their back yard or face beheading.

Comment

If legal precedent is at play here...Iran will be $131.8MM lighter (before adjusting for inflation).

Comment

there are enough satellites watching iran that they can plainly see the plane and missile that took it down . it's ukraine and canada's problem . no americans on it . but give it a day or so . iran is pissed it killed no americans so they will try again .

Comment

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, two U.S. and one Iraqi official told Newsweek.

The Ukrainian flight that crashed just outside the Iranian capital of Tehran was struck by an anti-aircraft missile system, a Pentagon official, a senior U.S. intelligence official and an Iraqi intelligence official told Newsweek.

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, a Boeing 737–800 en route from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airpot to Kyiv's Boryspil International Airport, stopped transmitting data Tuesday just minutes after takeoff and not long after Iran launched missiles at military bases housing U.S. and allied forces in neighboring Iraq.

The aircraft is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, the three officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, told Newsweek.

Comment

This sort of thing unfortunately can happen, the U.S. shot down an Iranian airliner in error during the late 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              This sort of thing unfortunately can happen, the U.S. shot down an Iranian airliner in error during the late 1980s.
                              We did not shoot it down in error. We shot it down on purpose but we mistook the plane for an attacking airplane. Earlier in the day the Iranians had fired on a US helicopter from a patrol boat I believe. The jetliner that got shot down deliberately departed regular civilian flight paths and then approached the u.s. ship on what appeared to be an attack run. It is suspected that the pilots were doing so under orders from the government in an attempt to be intimidating. The ship only fired after repeated attempts to contact the pilots failed.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                                That's exactly what my $131.8MM comment was referencing.

I wonder if Iran will make postage stamps this time.

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                                We did not shoot it down in error. We shot it down on purpose but we mistook the plane for an attacking airplane. Earlier in the day the Iranians had fired on a US helicopter from a patrol boat I believe. The jetliner that got shot down deliberately departed regular civilian flight paths and then approached the u.s. ship on what appeared to be an attack run. It is suspected that the pilots were doing so under orders from the government in an attempt to be intimidating. The ship only fired after repeated attempts to contact the pilots failed.
                                You dont think Iran shot down what they thought was a threat?

This situation is extremely similar.

Comment

Working...
                                X