Springfield Hellcat 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    If you're talking about the one with the asphalt ground that's the Carrollton Police range, but sometimes classes are held in there if the PD doesn't need it.

The fee is really reasonable considering how much freedom you have there. I got it for a place to be able to practice for USPSA as I can have a whole bay to myself, draw from my holster, move, shoot fast as I like, etc. and come and go any time during the daylight hours.
    Yes I believe that is the one you are talking. Nice cover overhead to so it was shady.

So what I understand, no rifles or PCC? Also I thought I heard from someone that it's basically 24 hour access so you can do night shooting.

Comment

Correct, pistols only, and rimfire rifles are allowed but I'd have to check the rules on PCC. The code I think works 24/7 to get in, each member gets his/her own code. I do know the rules say outdoors bays are sun up to sun down, but the airgun range indoors might allow 24/7, never checked.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Bought one for my son. So far over 400 rounds down the pipe without a glitch. Very pleased with the accuracy. No problem with controlling it, or it being a bit snappish. I'm used to shooting big Magnums, so it's tame compared to those. The Range I belong to is open but ask you to call ahead to prevent crowding.
        Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

I was shocked at how good the Springfield XDS was in 9mm. The G43 was even better. Then I bought a Sig P365, it's even better. I'm sure the Hellcat is about as good as the P365. I personally hated the Kel Tec 9mm I shot one day. If you haven't tried a 365 or Hellcat, you should. You will quickly re-evaluate the need to carry a mid or full sized 9mm in most cases. Sure I love my P226, my P320, and my CZs. I also think the G19 is okay and so are the XDs, but I really love a P365 for daily carry. It fits comfortably in a pocket or under a T-shirt.

Comment

That will be my next gun is the Sig 365, can't go wrong with a Sig. and the higher capacity is great.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              I was shocked at how good the Springfield XDS was in 9mm. The G43 was even better. Then I bought a Sig P365, it's even better. I'm sure the Hellcat is about as good as the P365. I personally hated the Kel Tec 9mm I shot one day. If you haven't tried a 365 or Hellcat, you should. You will quickly re-evaluate the need to carry a mid or full sized 9mm in most cases. Sure I love my P226, my P320, and my CZs. I also think the G19 is okay and so are the XDs, but I really love a P365 for daily carry. It fits comfortably in a pocket or under a T-shirt.
              I seriously considered the P365..they both feel very similar in my hands and about the same weight. I've been very happy with my XDs .45 and I like the fact that the Hellcat carries more rounds in the same size package, and the Hellcat has very nice Tritium front sights. I figured if I got the P365 I would be mad for not waiting to find a Hellcat...yeah it costs a little more but I'm glad I waited.

Comment

Finally found an academy that had some 9mm rounds in stock and bought the limit of 3 so I could break in the gun. Put 150 rounds thru it with ZERO issues. This gun is very accurate and the sights make it easy to do follow-up shots with great accuracy. Not disappointed in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Finally found an academy that had some 9mm rounds in stock and bought the limit of 3 so I could break in the gun. Put 150 rounds thru it with ZERO issues. This gun is very accurate and the sights make it easy to do follow-up shots with great accuracy. Not disappointed in the least.
                  Glad to hear!! I’ve been eyeballing one for a while!!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Glad to hear that! 100% satisfied with the one my son has!
                    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

One of these just popped up on tgt in Richardson if anyone is looking for one. $500 never been shot

Comment

[QUOTE=hxbernal;1736943]One of these just popped up on tgt in Richardson if anyone is looking for one. $500 never been shot[/Q

If it's the OSP model that shows at the top of the page...that's not a terrible price for the OSP version...but it says its been fired 500 times..not that it matters.

Comment

[quote=ram57ta;1736953]
                          Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                          One of these just popped up on tgt in Richardson if anyone is looking for one. $500 never been shot[/Q

If it's the OSP model that shows at the top of the page...that's not a terrible price for the OSP version...but it says its been fired 500 times..not that it matters.
                          I don't see the one you're referring to. At this point in time it's the second to last post on the first page.

Quote from the listing: "I have a brand new, never been shot, Hellcat for sale. It is the standard model, not the optics ready model."

After this thread I'm very tempted to pick it up

Comment

Grabagun has the OSP for $539. I'm going to order one. Seems like a neat gun and a good option.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

[quote=hxbernal;1736959]

I don't see the one you're referring to. At this point in time it's the second to last post on the first page.

Quote from the listing: "I have a brand new, never been shot, Hellcat for sale. It is the standard model, not the optics ready model."

After this thread I'm very tempted to pick it up
                              When I go to TGT I just do a search for "hellcat" and earlier it was the one at the top...now it's the third from the top...it is the OSP Hellcat..says its in Dallas for $500. When I scroll down to the bottom there were 3 or 4 others that say "sold" in red.

Comment

Has anyone shot both? The hellcat and p365..

I’m ready to buy one but just can’t decide lol
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X