Alleged Similarities Between Jesus & Pagan Dieties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged Similarities Between Jesus & Pagan Dieties

I once read a post where someone said there have been tons of "saviors" from all kinds of different cultures, all before Jesus, which means Jesus being a savior was just a fabrication. Naturally, that came to mind when I stumbled across this article that addresses the Pagan deities claimed to be "saviors." This site does a good job of showing the actual Pagan religious texts which never mention anything about saviors. It's a good read that will hopefully correct the bad information out there. The article shows the skeptics' best arguments, then rebuttals them with good, sound historical evidences and texts.

I don't really care one way or the other, personally. But I like to make sure inaccurate information is corrected.

Oh, and I disagree with the article on one part at the beginning. One complaint of skeptics is that the Bible could've used real historical events to make its fabricated events appear real and accurate. The answer the site gives is that the historical events mentioned show the Bible's reliability. That's just not accurate, and I'm surprised they answered that way without elaborating. Either way, that particular bit of information doesn't have any bearing on the topic, though.

Welcome back. Wrong forum.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

No one gives a fuck.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

EDIT: Fuck it. This has to be a troll job.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
          EDIT: Fuck it. This has to be a troll job.
          What was your first clue?

Comment

Jesus wore lambskin leggings before lambskin leggings were cool!

Comment

Good job at buying into a source that obviously has an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                Welcome back. Wrong forum.
                It's named God and. Country.
                Correct forum.

Comment

I meant that DFWMustangs is the wrong forum for him.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Heard his real name wasn't even Jesus.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                      I meant that DFWMustangs is the wrong forum for him.
                      Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                        Good job at buying into a source that obviously has an agenda.
                        Posters on this site do that ad nauseum via Google searches. Those that do are no different than what you claim BrianC to be doing.

Comment

Ad nauseam is a Latin term for a discussion that has continued so long that it has continued "to [the point of] nausea".[1][2] For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively, and that those involved in the discussion have grown tired of it.

Comment

That's primarily why I put "ad nauseum" into my reply, for your enjoyment naynay.

Comment

I'm not trying to start a discussion or a debate. I remembered someone here posting up a while back about there being tons of saviors and that that disproved Jesus as a savior and that his story was possibly completely fabricated. So when I just happened across this article, I saw that it had more information and a much better argument than any of the discussions I've seen in this forum. I can appreciate when scholars take on tasks such as this and hunt down the truth of the matter.

I just posted this to share information in case anyone here were interested in reading a scholar's research on it. That's all. Nothing more. I'm not Christian or any religion for that matter. And I have no interest in debating or even discussing this topic. I, too, am sick of it. Haven't been on a forum in years. I doubt I'll post up much of anything here. I just thought of you guys when I saw this article and the other I posted about the same time, that's all.

Comment

Working...
                              X