Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There’s a Pile of Gold in Manhattan. Texas Wants It Back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    I've done better in "paper metals" than physical. When I buy physical, I pretty much wrote that money off. If I'm looking for any return, online transactions are FAR easier and more efficient.
    In the short term sure. But when the computers don't turn on and online transactions aren't possible and the bank run occurs like is happening in Greece, paper will be worthless. Let's hope it never comes to that but as the debt grows the chances of it happening grow too.

Precious metals aren't an alternative investment or any type of investment at all; they are a hedge against financial collapse. Anyone thinking financial collapse isn't a possibility isn't paying attention. Honestly I don't know how long the current game can continue; 5 years, 100 years, 200 years? Eventually they won't be able to pay the retirement, healthcare, and other commitments and shit will collapse. You think not? Go look at the roads and bridges in this country. We pay a shit ton for their upkeep, but they are going ignored and falling apart. The electric grid is in similar shit shape. Can't afford to fix the roads because they have to pay welfare, retirement, stupid wars, etc. The end game is horrible and if it isn't in my lifetime I plan for my kids and grandkids (if it makes that long) to be prepared.

Do you honestly think social security will exist in 30 years in its present form? How? Medicare? How? What will our roads look like in 30 years?

There are more goverment employees in this country than there are people building things (manufacturing jobs), how is that sustainable?

Want to know an interesting and very real fact. If everyone went to the bank on payday this Friday to get their check in cash, the entire system would collapse in one day since there isn't enough cash to cover payroll even. If all the cash in the world were confiscated in every fiat currency, there is not enough of it to pay off the US debt, much less everyone elses. Math is a real bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      In the short term sure. But when the computers don't turn on and online transactions aren't possible and the bank run occurs like is happening in Greece, paper will be worthless. Let's hope it never comes to that but as the debt grows the chances of it happening grow too.

Precious metals aren't an alternative investment or any type of investment at all; they are a hedge against financial collapse. Anyone thinking financial collapse isn't a possibility isn't paying attention. Honestly I don't know how long the current game can continue; 5 years, 100 years, 200 years? Eventually they won't be able to pay the retirement, healthcare, and other commitments and shit will collapse. You think not? Go look at the roads and bridges in this country. We pay a shit ton for their upkeep, but they are going ignored and falling apart. The electric grid is in similar shit shape. Can't afford to fix the roads because they have to pay welfare, retirement, stupid wars, etc. The end game is horrible and if it isn't in my lifetime I plan for my kids and grandkids (if it makes that long) to be prepared.

Do you honestly think social security will exist in 30 years in its present form? How? Medicare? How? What will our roads look like in 30 years?

There are more goverment employees in this country than there are people building things (manufacturing jobs), how is that sustainable?

Want to know an interesting and very real fact. If everyone went to the bank on payday this Friday to get their check in cash, the entire system would collapse in one day since there isn't enough cash to cover payroll even. If all the cash in the world were confiscated in every fiat currency, there is not enough of it to pay off the US debt, much less everyone elses. Math is a real bitch.
      Interesting. I guess you learn something new every day.

Comment

Name one fiat currency that has outlived precious metals as currency..... just one.
        The US dollar has made gold irrelevant as a currency. Technically all fiat currency offer advantages over gold.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

And, until it fails, it hasn't failed.

Comment

And, until it fails, it hasn't failed.
            Which do we use today?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Which do we use today?
              The one that hasn't failed. Ever.

Comment

I'll take my point a step further. What have all your employers ever paid you in, and what have you purchased every last scrap of precious metal with?

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                  I'll take my point a step further. What have all your employers ever paid you in, and what have you purchased every last scrap of precious metal with?
                  I'm siding with you. The dollar has never failed.

Comment

My bad. I misread your post.

Comment

How much will it cost to build a new depository in Texas? $650million isn't out of the question when politicians are involved.

Comment

lol
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

You think so? Okay go to this website: www.indexmundi.com.

Then pick a commodity, any commodity: lumber, pork bellies, oranges, milk..... whatever floats your boat. And then compare that commodity to dollars. Then start charting commodity vs. commodity and you will notice one thing. All commodities have traded in nearly equal ratios for around 100 years whether it be lumber to oranges or gold to oil, or pork bellies to bushels of wheat. Then compare any of them to dollars and you only see one thing exponential decrease in the dollars value.

All of those charts equal one thing: A failing fiat currency.

How would your family be sitting today if your grandparents and parents had invested in worthless things like steel? If you have unlimited storage space, I'd be in the steel and concrete hoarding business, but alas I don't.

The dollar hasn't failed.... YET. And it will. China and Russia are working overtime to speed up the process. Thank goodness they are both communist shitholes. When Japan gets its act together or heaven forbid Germany goes back to the Franc and tells Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal to fuck off the dollar will fall faster.

The only thing keeping the dollar valuable is that it is the least shitty fiat currency. How long it will remain the least shitty, I don't know. But as long as it's the least shitty, I'm going to keep stacking.

Hell if your parents had just bought 5 extra qts of motor oil every paycheck, you'd be a rich mother fucker right now and wouldn't have time to argue about the greatness of the dollar. You'd also be able to reflect on the price of a quart of motor oil and realize the dollar is shit at best. You think the cost of manufacturing motor oil has gone up 500% in 30 years? Everyone shits themselves because the stock market is at an all time high, but commodities are higher than ever too. It's called inflation. BuFRat of course you aren't smart enough to define such a simple word: inflation.

Gold and silver are hedges against inflation which leads to currency you light on fire to stay warm when no one can afford electricity. It's happened all over the world, but you are so arrogant you think you are immune. Good luck to you and your future family.

You can thank Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Richard Nixon for ruining what was once the best currency BECAUSE IT WAS ORIGINALLY BACKED BY GOLD AND SILVER.

Go look at any commodity chart since 1970 vs. the US Dollar and what do you see? Exponential growth in commodity costs.....

So if the best fiat currency lasts 200 years at most, we will probably make it to 2170. If it's like some of the worst we could be up shit creek next week.

If everyone went to the bank on Friday and asked for their paycheck in cash, the system would collapse this Friday. The great news is that we are probably safe for the next 5 to 10 years minimum since the world economy is shittier than ours, and the Dems aren't about to let the sheep suffer more until Hillary gets control.

And you want to know what's worse, all your stock market "gains" are just inflation. Where do you think all the money being printed is being dumped? Yep in the stock market. Most corporations are way overvalued and under-profitable, but there is no other place for the banks to dump their cash.

Hasn't failed..... while it's failing. That's like arguing that the war with terrorism got better because we interfered in Egypt and Libya.

Comment

A little flawed in your post, but I give it an 83%. I'll pass you, but I won't praise you.

Comment

You think so? Okay go to this website: www.indexmundi.com.

Then pick a commodity, any commodity: lumber, pork bellies, oranges, milk..... whatever floats your boat. And then compare that commodity to dollars. Then start charting commodity vs. commodity and you will notice one thing. All commodities have traded in nearly equal ratios for around 100 years whether it be lumber to oranges or gold to oil, or pork bellies to bushels of wheat. Then compare any of them to dollars and you only see one thing exponential decrease in the dollars value.

All of those charts equal one thing: A failing fiat currency.

How would your family be sitting today if your grandparents and parents had invested in worthless things like steel? If you have unlimited storage space, I'd be in the steel and concrete hoarding business, but alas I don't.

The dollar hasn't failed.... YET. And it will. China and Russia are working overtime to speed up the process. Thank goodness they are both communist shitholes. When Japan gets its act together or heaven forbid Germany goes back to the Franc and tells Greece, Spain, Italy and Portugal to fuck off the dollar will fall faster.

The only thing keeping the dollar valuable is that it is the least shitty fiat currency. How long it will remain the least shitty, I don't know. But as long as it's the least shitty, I'm going to keep stacking.

Hell if your parents had just bought 5 extra qts of motor oil every paycheck, you'd be a rich mother fucker right now and wouldn't have time to argue about the greatness of the dollar. You'd also be able to reflect on the price of a quart of motor oil and realize the dollar is shit at best. You think the cost of manufacturing motor oil has gone up 500% in 30 years? Everyone shits themselves because the stock market is at an all time high, but commodities are higher than ever too. It's called inflation. BuFRat of course you aren't smart enough to define such a simple word: inflation.

Gold and silver are hedges against inflation which leads to currency you light on fire to stay warm when no one can afford electricity. It's happened all over the world, but you are so arrogant you think you are immune. Good luck to you and your future family.

You can thank Woodrow Wilson, Franklin D. Roosevelt, and Richard Nixon for ruining what was once the best currency BECAUSE IT WAS ORIGINALLY BACKED BY GOLD AND SILVER.

Go look at any commodity chart since 1970 vs. the US Dollar and what do you see? Exponential growth in commodity costs.....

So if the best fiat currency lasts 200 years at most, we will probably make it to 2170. If it's like some of the worst we could be up shit creek next week.

If everyone went to the bank on Friday and asked for their paycheck in cash, the system would collapse this Friday. The great news is that we are probably safe for the next 5 to 10 years minimum since the world economy is shittier than ours, and the Dems aren't about to let the sheep suffer more until Hillary gets control.

And you want to know what's worse, all your stock market "gains" are just inflation. Where do you think all the money being printed is being dumped? Yep in the stock market. Most corporations are way overvalued and under-profitable, but there is no other place for the banks to dump their cash.

Hasn't failed..... while it's failing. That's like arguing that the war with terrorism got better because we interfered in Egypt and Libya.
                              denny wants to trade his old fox body for gold and silver. shitty trade if you ask me

Comment

Or worthless fiat dollar.

Comment

Working...
                                X