Religion of peace one country at a time. New terrorist attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion of peace one country at a time. New terrorist attack

British tourists describe an attack on a beach near the popular resort town of Sousse, in Tunisia, which has killed at least 37 people.

I am so glad guns are banned outside the US!

Britons caught up in Tunisian beach attack
    6 minutes ago
    From the section UK
    Map showing the location of the attack
    British tourists have been describing an attack on a beach in the popular resort town of Sousse, in Tunisia.
    Gary Pine, from Bristol, said he heard "bullets whizzing around us" and shots fired at the Port El Kantaoui resort.
    At least 27 people have been killed, and the UK Foreign Office says it is "urgently investigating" whether any are British.
    Prime Minister David Cameron said he offered "our solidarity in fighting this evil of terrorism".
    At least one gunman has been shot dead and another is being pursued, officials say.
    Mr Pine, who is on holiday with his wife and son at the El Mouradi Palm Marina hotel, said he had been on the beach with his family about noon when he heard a sound he initially thought was firecrackers.
    "You could see within seconds of the noise breaking out that people started to exit the beach very, very quickly.
    "It seemed to be happening 150 yards to our left. The people in the direct vicinity of the incident were breaking in all kinds of different directions.
    "There was confusion. No-one knew what seemed to be breaking out. My wife was shouting to my son to get out the sea, and as he ran up the beach he said 'I just saw someone get shot'."
    He also said that he heard an explosion on an adjacent hotel complex.
    null
    Gary Pine photographed a helicopter above this Tunisian hotel following the attack
    Debbie Horsfall, from Huddersfield, was on the beach with her friend when the shooting began.
    "My friend stood up and saw a man with the gun firing. We got up and ran, but we didn't know where to go.
    "We have only been here two days - we came on Wednesday. We went to back to our room but we didn't feel safe.
    "We just want to go home - we packed right away. We booked our holiday with Thomson. They said there are no flights at the moment until the airport is safe.
    "At the moment the hotel and beach are on lockdown."
    British holidaymaker Steve Johnson was on the beach when the attack began. He says he tried to make sure others were safe until police arrived.
    He told the BBC: "We shouted to everybody around us who joined the sort of mass rush from the beach and we ended up in the spa area of the hotel where we sort of tried to organise people to get themselves concealed away from windows, got the staff to lock all the doors.
    "We stayed there until we started to see armed police officers and waited until we were told it was safe to come out."
    Lobby attack
    Glenn Leathley told the BBC how his daughter Olivia, who is staying at the Riu Bellevue Park, was caught in the lobby of her hotel when a gunman entered.
    He said: "She called to say she was running to find a safe place to hide. We didn't want to call back in case the phone ringing showed them the place where she was hiding.
    "She rang me in a panic at 12pm. She was crying. She said there was gunfire on the beach.
    "About five minutes later she rang me again in a panic and said 'They've come into the lobby'. At that point they started running to find a safe place to hide."
    He added that his daughter had since said she was safe.
    Speaking in Brussels, Mr Cameron said there would be a meeting of the UK government's emergency Cobra group on Friday afternoon. It will be chaired by Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond.
    Mr Cameron added: "We have got to do all we can to help.
    "That means co-operating on counter-terrorism, building our capacity on counter-terrorism, it means dealing with the threat at source whether that is Isil [also known as Islamic State] in Syria and Iraq or whether it is other extremist groups around the world."
    Mr Hammond has tweeted that his thoughts are "with all those caught up in today's appalling attacks".
    Tourism 'blow'
    Tunisia has been on high alert since March when militants killed 22 people, mainly foreign tourists, in an attack on a museum in the capital Tunis.
    A suicide bomber blew himself up in a failed attack on the beach in Sousse in October 2013.
    A spokeswoman for Thomson and First Choice said: "We are working closely with our teams in Tunisia and the relevant authorities to determine exactly what has happened and provide assistance to those affected."
    Travel expert Simon Calder said British holiday companies would be trying to bring holidaymakers back to the UK.
    "For the Foreign Office not to declare effectively the summer over for Tunisia would be frankly a surprise", he added.
    Frank Gardner, BBC security correspondent, said the attack would be a "hammer blow" for the Tunisian tourist industry.
    He said it showed that "despite Tunisia's best efforts the government has not got on top of the problem of international tourists being attacked in resorts".
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Pfft...who cares! Muslims in America are different! No worries!
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Don't leave out a beheading in France and 16 killed at a mosque bombing in Kuwait.

And the headlines here are going to be all about gay marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
        Don't leave out a beheading in France and 16 killed at a mosque bombing in Kuwait.

And the headlines here are going to be all about gay marriage.
        Yup, it's already replacing the killings on the front page. Down with Christian America! W00t!
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
          Yup, it's already replacing the killings on the front page. Down with Christian America! W00t!
          France is on lockdown after an American company is attacked, 27+ are murdered on vacation in Tunisia, 200+ kurds have been executed in Syria and more than two dozen people were killed in Kuwait during a mosque bombing. Not to mention an Iraqi fighter jet crashed in Arizona last night.

Kuwait and Tunisia aren't Iraq or Syria. Kuwait city is surrounded by American bases and Sousse Beach is a regular stop for solders on leave.

Our great leader is on TV talking about how great gay marriage is though. I guess if you ignore ISIS long enough maybe they'll go away.

Comment

It's the Caliphate's Anniversary.

Comment

Revolution started?!

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedD1 View Post
                Revolution started?!
                They started long ago.

who the fuck vacations in Tunisia? It is a shut hole. In 97 when I was there, we couldn't get away from those filthy theiving uncivilized Muslims fast enough.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

"Come visit beautiful Tunisia!"
                  How about no? How about Fuck all of N. Africa?

I'm really starting to lose what tidbit of hope I had for the American people. Muslims are literally rampaging all over the globe, including in our own country... The economy is still (yes, still) in the shitter... The number of adults not in the workforce has never been higher... but woohoo, gay marriage is okay now. The priorities of the general public are so far out of whack that I don't think there is any going back.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sounds like I am leaving Kuwait then. I am going to give my almost 90 day notice this week. The money is nice but I'm not going to stress my family out any more over it. Things are getting a bit to weird in this part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                      Sounds like I am leaving Kuwait then. I am going to give my almost 90 day notice this week. The money is nice but I'm not going to stress my family out any more over it. Things are getting a bit to weird in this part of the world.
                      Who are you working for there?
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Who are you working for there?
                        I work for KAY. We maintain their legacy Hornets.

Comment

Working...
                        X