SCOTUS Rules Same Sex Marriage is legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS Rules Same Sex Marriage is legal

Hopefully this will take some of the wind out of the Evangelical Right so we can actually talk about things like economics and good governance instead of why Sean can't marry Denny.

Good for them, let them be as miserable as the rest of us lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      Good for them, let them be as miserable as the rest of us lol.
      and pay their taxes accordingly

Comment

From Scalia's dissent. Gold.

"The opinion is couched in a style that is as pretentious as its content is egotistic," he writes. "If, even as the price to be paid for a fifth vote, I ever joined an opinion for the Court that began: 'The Constitution promises liberty to all within its reach, a liberty that includes certain specific rights that allow persons, within a lawful realm, to define and express their identity,' I would hide my head in a bag. The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          That is awesome.

Comment

Next Reality TV show:

LGBT Divorce Court

The train wreck possibilities are endless....

Comment

Getting on facebook like...
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Roberts also had a pretty good dissent:

But this Court is not a legislature. Whether same-sex marriage is a good idea should be of no concern to us. Under the Constitution, judges have power to say what the law is, not what it should be. The people who ratified the Constitution authorized courts to exercise “neither force nor will but merely judgment.” The Federalist No. 78, p. 465

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  Hopefully this will take some of the wind out of the Evangelical Right so we can actually talk about things like economics and good governance instead of why Sean can't marry Denny.
                  It would be nice, but if anything this will both p*ss them off and energize them forcing the GOP to double if not triple down on traditional marriage in it 2016. Say hello to the one issue that gives us 8 years of Billary. This election is over before it begins because of stupid sh*t like this that shouldn't even be an issue.

Thank you religious right ding dongs! ... Now go F*CK Yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    True, but we are here due to too many people in too many state houses deciding that their personal religious beliefs are what was best for everyone else.

Scalia shouldn't even have to sit through this case, but he did because of that stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                      It would be nice, but if anything this will both p*ss them off and energize them forcing the GOP to double if not triple down on traditional marriage in it 2016. Say hello to the one issue that gives us 8 years of Billary. This election is over before it begins because of stupid sh*t like this that shouldn't even be an issue.

Thank you religious right ding dongs! ... Now go F*CK Yourself!
                      For one stating that"this shouldn't even be an issue", your writing style indicates that you are rather upset by it.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        For one stating that"this shouldn't even be an issue", your writing style indicates that you are rather upset by it.
                        I`m not ticked off about gay marriage being legal. I`m glad this BS is finally settled. I`m ticked off because of what we all know it will cause the GOP to now take stances to appease the religious right base and hand Hillary the election.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                          I`m not ticked off about gay marriage being legal. I`m glad this BS is finally settled. I`m ticked off because of what we all know it will cause the GOP to now take stances to appease the religious right base and hand Hillary the election.
                          She's going to win regardless. Everyone voted for Obama so they could say they voted for the first black President. All these people will vote for her because she will be the first woman President.

Comment

Ok cool, now lets table this issue and move onto, you know, shit that matters.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              Ok cool, now lets table this issue and move onto, you know, shit that matters.
                              yeah!

So about that rebel flag thing...
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X