No announcement yet.

SCOTUS Rules Same Sex Marriage is legal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If everyone really wanted marriage equality, they'd remove the authority to license it and everyone could have marriages to anyone they like without going through a government. Want to marry another guy? Neat.

A goat? Good on you.

4 guys, 3 girls and the Golden Gate Bridge: Cheers.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• So if gay marriage is now legal in 50 states, the 2A folks say that open carry must be legal ....... then so must abortion rights be legal in all 50 states. Holy crap make it stop.

Comment

• This is hilarious...CNN mistakes "Dildo" flag for ISIS flag at gAy pride event.
        The cable news network aired an "exclusive" report after one of its international reporters claimed she saw terrorist propaganda during the London event.

Dildo flags offend me, how can we ban those ?
        Last edited by dcs13; 06-27-2015, 07:23 PM. Reason: added

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          This thread just helps to confirm my suspicion that all religious people are at least some level of crazy.
          Making assumptions that most posts on a site like this reflect anything based in the real world is crazy on some level.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Some Christians do, some don't. Anyone stating all Christians force their beliefs on you is ignorant. With your line of thinking everyone in existence is a bigot, kind of like how popular it is these days to call people racists if they do not agree with a certain line of thinking or action.
            I can buy that.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              If everyone really wanted marriage equality, they'd remove the authority to license it and everyone could have marriages to anyone they like without going through a government. Want to marry another guy? Neat.

A goat? Good on you.

4 guys, 3 girls and the Golden Gate Bridge: Cheers.
              Again, I can completely agree with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                Making assumptions that most posts on a site like this reflect anything based in the real world is crazy on some level.
                Check out his screen name... He is craizie!

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Check out his screen name... He is craizie!
                  A Craizie Cracka!

Comment

• I'm a Christian, and I'm trying to recall any time in my life when I have tried to force my religious beliefs on anyone, aside from the struggle of getting children to church on Sunday.

However, I do feel as though the desires of an increasingly vocal minority are forcing their beliefs on me. Whether it is a flag, gay marriage, racism, guns......the push to demonize those that have a difference of opinion, rather than just ignore them, is relentless.

I'm reminded of the scene in Interstellar when McConaughey is at the school, and they're telling him that the moon landings never happened. We have reached a point where things are being changed, or erased, at an alarming rate. Change for the sake of change is idiocracy.

Comment

• "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                        Im a Christian and don't have a problem with gays, my cousin is gay. Who are we, as Christians, to jjudge how someone else sins. We are not to judge others, but according to the bible love everyone as they self... Love the sinner hate the sin.

It's also very clear on a lot of other sins, however I find it funny no one gets all up in arms about adultery, thievery, divorce, etc... Yet Tom and Harrywant to marry and ythe rapture is coming.

Bible is clear on a ton of things, but for some reasons you holier than thou "christians" go all ape shit over gay marriage.

Get over yourself and if two people want to get married it was no effect on your life.
                        Don't sweat the small stuff bro, you'll never get out of here alive.
                        I totally agree with what you said. But, I don't believe someone who doesn't believe in a marriage being anything other than a man and a woman should be persecuted for their beliefs or sued and fined because they refused service based on those beliefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                          I'm a Christian, and I'm trying to recall any time in my life when I have tried to force my religious beliefs on anyone, aside from the struggle of getting children to church on Sunday.
                          What if at some point your kids say that they don't believe in God?

I'm just asking because I had to have that conversation with my parents(mostly my step-mom). What are your thoughts on that? I'm actually really interested in what you have to say because basically my step mom just started crying and saying that she fears that I will go to hell, and my dad not caring or anything like that either because I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe in Christianity, but obviously doesn't want to piss off my step-mom.
                          Last edited by jdgregory84; 06-27-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Truthfully, as a parent, I have to let my children walk their own path. I have 5 kids, so the chance of this happening with one of them exists. I consider myself a good Christian, but I'm not in the business of pushing that on others. My 16 year old is very active, and chooses to be. My 12 year old is finding her path.

All that matters to me, is that I provide them with the right moral compass to get them through an increasingly complex world.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                              Truthfully, as a parent, I have to let my children walk their own path. I have 5 kids, so the chance of this happening with one of them exists. I consider myself a good Christian, but I'm not in the business of pushing that on others. My 16 year old is very active, and chooses to be. My 12 year old is finding her path.

All that matters to me, is that I provide them with the right moral compass to get them through an increasingly complex world.
                              Good words. My parents kinda did the same...with my step-mom, who has been more of a mother to me over the years saying that "she fears that I might end up in hell" and stuff like that. This conversation was over ten years ago, and now my little brother has kinda abandoned the faith as well, but they still show their love and support for the both of us. We'll see where my little sister (15) ends up. I try not to talk to them about religion at all, which is easy since I only see them a few times a year since I live away from them.

Pretty sure that my dad doesn't really believe in religion, he's just the "what needs to be done around the house" guy. Takes care of his shit, goes to sleep, and wakes up and goes to work type guy.

Comment

• is pot legal yet so I can forget about all this
                                Big Rooster Racing
                                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                                X