Nate's Home Remodel *official thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate's Home Remodel *official thread*

So my mom moved out of her old house in Irving and moved to Wylie to be closer to my sister as she didn't need a 2700 sq ft home on just under 3/4's of an acre. I was tasked with selling it for her and after talking to my realtor buddy who flips houses/owns a property management company decided to sell my current (now former) home in GP and move into this one.

4/3/2 house was originally a 3/2/2. Back in the early 80's the people who originally owned the house did an addition with a new master suite, converted the old garage into a "den" and then built a new 2 1/2 car garage onto the back. We are about 1/2 way done with most of it so I thought I'd post up some pics. It has been a brutal learning experience but it's going to be nice.

Oh and FUCK popcorn ceilings.

"New" Master bath original tub from when my parents bought it in 86.

After Demo, you can see the original backwall of the house.

And now completed (as of today):

Comment

Hello Wood Paneling....Original garage converted to Den.

Comment

Going to start trimming floors/windows this weekend.

Comment

Closed off kitchen area:

is now slightly more open:

Comment

And well.....just because I like this pic of one of my Weimaraners:

Comment

Very cool.
              Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                And well.....just because I like this pic of one of my Weimaraners:

Scooby Doo has been found!

Comment

Good job on the bathroom, man! Showers have always scared the shit out of me. Always worried I'd forget a section or mess up some vapor barrier and grt moisture or water between the walls.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I paid a contractor for the tile work there and cutting the hole and beam install for the kitchen. Everything else we are doing ourselves.

Comment

If we only had a forum specifically for this type of thread...

Comment

Bitch bitch bitch
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          If we only had a forum specifically for this type of thread...
                          Thr forum that no body checks. Honestly all posts could be on the back porch and it not be a big deal.

But keep up the great work A ron.

Comment

I like to think of it as a forum which has been on the hot burner for 15 years. Now all the lightweights have boiled off, leaving the most potent sticky sludge remaining.

Comment

Looks good. I think I just used the same rocks for our half bath threshold.

Comment

Working...
                              X