Utah Police shoot, body cam footage released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Police shoot, body cam footage released

Authorities have released dramatic body camera video from Roy (UT) police officers who shot and killed an armed suspect in the parking lot of a convenience store after a store employee called police over fears that the man, a convicted felon named Nicolas Sanchez with a history of gun crimes, was possibly casing the store for an armed robbery.

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Johnny law emptied the guys own mag on him, dumbass should have not moved and had his hands up high.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Two thoughts on it.

1. Guy was very likely just some scumbag, who got what he deserved for not just surrendering and going to jail or getting a ticket.

2. Looks like cops shoot yet another guy running away, in the back. (or front if you prefer, but he was whipped around by the other guy) If he's coming at you throwing punches, sure I agree, shoot him. But he's seeking escape, not trying to fight you, and on top of that you'd taken his gun lol. Then you shot him as he was fleeing. And they wonder why people don't like cops.
      WH

Comment

So if I'm understanding what was said on the recording....scumbag stated he had a gun on him....and then it looked like his left hand reached to his back pocket at the same time he took off running immediately after both officers told him not to move.....I'm saying I would have shot him too. Pretty simple....cop tells you to not do something and you immediately do what he told you not to do....you're asking for bad things to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Two thoughts on it.

2. Looks like cops shoot yet another guy running away, in the back. (or front if you prefer, but he was whipped around by the other guy) If he's coming at you throwing punches, sure I agree, shoot him. But he's seeking escape, not trying to fight you, and on top of that you'd taken his gun lol. Then you shot him as he was fleeing. And they wonder why people don't like cops.
          He could have been fleeing to get to a better position to shoot at the cops. Just my $.02. If I'm confronted by the police and they tell me not to move, you are damn well sure I'm not moving. What was his excuse for trying to flee?

Comment

1. that was one nerdy looking cop.

2. did the first video cop turn the gun side ways like an OG?
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
              1. that was one nerdy looking cop.

2. did the first video cop turn the gun side ways like an OG?
              That's all you got?
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

lol, really though, wtf, you shoot a MF 17 times and let him lay there for 5 minutes, and every MF on the squad still feels the need to tell him not to move?
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  lol, really though, wtf, you shoot a MF 17 times and let him lay there for 5 minutes, and every MF on the squad still feels the need to tell him not to move?
                  At that point he became a threat to be immobilized. They're going to make sure he's not a threat. Shit happens.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

He was being a belligerent asshole which isn't illegal, but if he was armed and unwilling to comply then he's begging to be handled exactly like he was.

I'm not sure why the cop shot like he had a bumpski on his pistol, but he did.

Edit: Ok, so the guy was a piece of shit convict illegally possessing a firearm, fuck him. And he was shot with his own gun, that is instant karma.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      But he's seeking escape, not trying to fight you, and on top of that you'd taken his gun lol.
                      You don't know that. He could have easily ran to try and get space between him and the cop only to draw and fire on them. Fuck that. He's armed and running he needs to be leaked.

Comment

I wonder how many rounds he had on Target. That was a high rate of fire with his partner still being hands on
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I think the partner fired the first shot and the cop on the ground is the one who emptied the gun.

Comment

Play stupid games, win stupid prize.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                              I wonder how many rounds he had on Target.
                              My guess would be few. I'd put up the number... 3.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X