buying vs collecting..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying vs collecting..

Recently joined GunBroker and been searching and watching for some revolvers i'd like to have. Found a really nice one that I'm bidding on, but its a commemorative model, NIB. It would obviously lose value if you take that one to the range. Still, its cool and I hope I get it.
    My question is, do you guys buy many "collectibles" for your collections ? Ones you just buy to have as part of your collection ?

I buy because I like, it's kind done bad thing. Like shiny objects to a coon.

Comment

I don't buy collectibles because I wouldn't be able to resist shooting them.
      Jon

Comment

Occasionally I will come across a commemorative/collectible edition firearm in a model that I happen to want and will buy it if the price is reasonable. From what I have seen special eddition firearms do not hold their value so I do not feel bad about shooting them. In general my taste in weapons trends towards service/fighting types except when it comes to hunting shotguns. I can not resist ones with AAA grade wood on them and have bought many field grade models and had them restocked with premium grade wood.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 04-16-2017, 12:18 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
          Thats what I'm worried about. Kinda got the bug on gunbroker. Kinda like when Ebay really started kicking. Hunting deals

Comment

I use to collect a ton of stuff. Now I don't care. It all sits in safes and collects dusts. So I either have sold it, parted it out, or shot it to the point it's not collectible to anyone.

Comment

No reason to buy if im not going to shoot the shit out of it..

Comment

A lot of special editions are gay as hell.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  No reason to buy if im not going to shoot the shit out of it..
                  I agree with this. Although I still haven't shot the last 3 guns I've bought. I need to get to the range.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    A lot of special editions are gay as hell.
                    And most of 'em come in 44 spl.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      And most of 'em come in 44 spl.
                      All the 44SPL's I have are catalog items I'll have you know!
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1Run View Post
                        This.

I have guns I have not shot yet, but never considered buying one I can't shoot. It's like buying a car to put in storage. It's just not for me.

I do need a bigger safe though.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Certainly if you have enough discretionary funds to be able to buy guns you don't shoot but to collect, sure, why not?

But I don't have money to buy things I don't use. I buy it, it is getting shot. A lot.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I have about 7 guns that I'll probably never shoot. Just old guns that are sitting in the safe.

Comment

I'd just like to own a Korth or two.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X