Liquid cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid cooling

I'm about to start planning a new PC build, and I'm debating a liquid cooled rig but I've never built or used one.

The rig I have now causes my office to heat up and its nothing spectacular, even when I built it. So I was curious does a water cooled rig emit as much ambient heat.

Are the liquid cooled rigs as much hassle as before? I know some people have sworn they would never do it again, while others have had no issues.

It'll be used for CAD, Video editing, and probably some gaming

The AIO coolers are very effective and set and forget. If you're doin rendering via the gpu, it's going to generate more heat than your cpu, nevertheless, you'll still have heat generated by the pc, regardless of how you cool it.

Comment

Yes much cooler. Even custom loops are very solid these days and easy to maintain.
      sigpic

Comment

just do AIO. A custom loop is a gigantic pain in the ass from cost and setup to maintenance, not for the weak of heart. Unless you're doing some major overclocking, move along.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

@CJ, the AIO coolers will support some pretty decent OCing anymore. I'm running a 3770k under the small H80i and leaving the voltage to auto(see: lazy), I run it at 4.3ghz no problem. I'm sure I could go higher if I had the big 240mm rad, H110i.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            @CJ, the AIO coolers will support some pretty decent OCing anymore. I'm running a 3770k under the small H80i and leaving the voltage to auto(see: lazy), I run it at 4.3ghz no problem. I'm sure I could go higher if I had the big 240mm rad, H110i.
            Yeah I have the h110i on mine. The AIO is the way to go. I meant a custom loop is best suited to people who are overclocking all their devices, memory, chipset, processors, etc. I can't recommend it anymore unless you want the looks of a custom loop.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ahh, right on. Cooling that many components is a royal pita.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                Ahh, right on. Cooling that many components is a royal pita.
                Somehow when things go sideways the video card always gets fried. I wasted two.

Comment

If you were only this critical about your firearms CJ!
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's my current computer:

It uses an AIO liquid cooler for the CPU, and another, separate AIO liquid cooler for the GPU.

It's got the following:
                    Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX case
                    ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming motherboard (mITX)
                    Intel Core i7-6700k
                    Corsair H100i v2
                    16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 memory
                    EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 ACX 3.0
                    EVGA 1080 AIO Liquid Cooler
                    960GB SSD
                    Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU

It was a BITCH to fit both of those AIO coolers in that tiny case, but it was worth it. Temps are really low compared to air cooling (I don't recall the numbers off the top of my head), and it's super quiet.

Comment

Also running two AIO (one for the 6700k, and other for the Titan pascal), and the room temperature while gaming has definitely changed.

I think I'll finally end up doing a custom loop this year or early next year, but i've already decided I'm always doing some type or water cooling for my cpu and gpu from now on.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        Also running two AIO (one for the 6700k, and other for the Titan pascal), and the room temperature while gaming has definitely changed.

I think I'll finally end up doing a custom loop this year or early next year, but i've already decided I'm always doing some type or water cooling for my cpu and gpu from now on.
                        I agree with you.

This build was brought to my attention the other day. It's even smaller than mine, but using basically the same hardware, and a custom loop. It looks fucking awesome:

So I just finished this mITX build in the NCASE M1. I'm very satisfied with the results and the PC works great. The idea sprung from seeing Bluehandstech's M1 build, I instantly knew I had to get this case and watercool it. I decided early on that I was to use hardline tubing only, and with...

Comment

Is that ninja turtle juice?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            Is that ninja turtle juice?
                            Call it by it's government name: Ooze.
                            sigpic

Comment

Cant get the link to pull at work.

What are the specs of that PC?

Comment

Working...