DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:13 PM   #1
the spindoctor
Time Served

Default Need a plate ran, someone casing my dad's property

Oklahoma HFM204 any names, addresses, or busineses related to this would really be appreciated. Pm me if not appropriate in public.

Someone close by is either casing his house to rob, or some other shady situation. Unfortunately, I can't sit on the porch with the 12 Guage waiting for the next time.

My dad lives here in Garland, but has a house on 10 acres in Oklahoma that was willed to him after his parents died about 10 years ago. He goes up there for a week or so every month to cut the grass, tinker and check on things. My grandparents built the place in '72 with cash, never had a mortgage. My dad owns it free and clear in his name, taxes are up to date, probate went through grandparents had zero debt.

Multiple people keep showing up to the property while he is gone, taking pictures, leaving these bogus notices saying the house is abandoned, and the mortgage servicer will protect the property by changing the locks and winterizing the plumbing. First time, the Sherriff called the number on the notice and they said it was a mistake, wrong address. Today, a neighbor approached the lady and she said she was "there to enter the property", but was surprised the locks weren't changed yet. Got license. She gave a name and said she lived less than a mile away.

Out of city limits, so no code enforcement issue for high grass , county verified there are no lein applications or anything like that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8t8f7ednn9..._8754.JPG?dl=0
the spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
95DRGT
Lifer

Could be a squatter situation- once they gain possession and change locks it will take a battle in court to get them out. Make sure you have title type docs handy if it comes to that. They will most likely produce some faking looking rental or ownership docs.
95DRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Gasser64
Lifer

Aside from taking all the normal security precautions in a situation like this:

Given the age of what you're talking about, I'd still go get a brand new deed printed out at the... title company or wherever the hell handles that shit. And have the tax office mail you a letter naming the owner of the property and saying that the taxes are completely up to date.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:20 AM   #4
kingjason
Notorious PIG

He needs a ring door bell on that bitch.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:00 AM   #5
Lifer

Motion sensor cameras?
564826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:24 AM   #6
helosailor
Blow me down

Sounds like scammers, and they need to be served a trespass warning.
https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-488-5788
Old 01-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #7
bubbaearl
Time Served

squatters in oklahoma know out of state owners have no rights in oklahoma . my neighbor had a farm in Hugo . when he called the sheriff they basically told him to fuck off. the squatters could stay . best is to call the local sheriff and get the scoop. there is some posting you can do to stop them from moving in .

that notice is the first step of squatting or trying to take possession . it is their reason for moving in .
bubbaearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #8
ceyko
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaearl View Post
squatters in oklahoma know out of state owners have no rights in oklahoma . my neighbor had a farm in Hugo . when he called the sheriff they basically told him to fuck off. the squatters could stay . best is to call the local sheriff and get the scoop. there is some posting you can do to stop them from moving in .

that notice is the first step of squatting or trying to take possession . it is their reason for moving in .

Seriously? The world is really going to shit.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:39 AM   #9
Murph Tang
Time Served

If it was my house I would put up motion detector lights outside and lights inside on timers that your dad changes times every time he is there. Potential squatters will shy away if there is obvious signs of home owner activity.

Second post no trespassing signs/private property.

Squatters in Oklahoma can prove they have possession by obtaining utilities in their name. They do this by producing fake rental agreements.

If he goes up there every month he should be good by showing he has possession....just needs to shoo away by making it obvious house has owner activity.

1992 Taurus with whining alternator pulley
Murph Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:54 AM   #10
dblack1
Lifer

Is there a reason he won't sell it?

It seems crazy that you can squat and take another person's property so easily.
dblack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #11
Craizie
Cracka

How are you not legally allowed to enter your property and murder every mother fucker that does not belong inside?
Craizie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:26 AM   #12
lowthreeohz
lol wut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph Tang View Post
If it was my house I would put up motion detector lights outside and lights inside on timers that your dad changes times every time he is there. Potential squatters will shy away if there is obvious signs of home owner activity.

Second post no trespassing signs/private property.

Squatters in Oklahoma can prove they have possession by obtaining utilities in their name. They do this by producing fake rental agreements.

If he goes up there every month he should be good by showing he has possession....just needs to shoo away by making it obvious house has owner activity.
If there's internet available, amazon smart plugs and some cameras w/ IP would be the best bet. can turn lights on/off at will, set a timer that randomizes, and if he catches someone on camera can have PD there before they "establish" residency.
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:37 PM   #13
32vfromhell
Lifer

yeah, from what i know, Oklahoma has notoriously bad squatter problems, and if i remember Arkansas has some weird rules too.

*edit*

Here it is. Its basically the opposite, you have shit for rights as a renter in Arkansas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G2Pk2JZP-E
32vfromhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #14
mustang_revival
Lifer

4G game cam if cell service exists there to keep an eye on things: https://www.amazon.com/Snyper-Comman.../dp/B06ZYWX18C
Local phone line with a wired phone that can auto awnser on the front porch..
If someone sets off the camera, you will get texted and you can call the phone tell them to fuck off.

mustang_revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:28 AM   #15
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
Seriously? The world is really going to shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
How are you not legally allowed to enter your property and murder every mother fucker that does not belong inside?
Seems like bullets would clear the issue right up. You don't even have to shoot the people. Get somewhere far off they can't see, and make sure they are there. Then shoot their stuff, their tent, the glass in their car. Maybe the tires, if you're feeling mean. Keep shooting until they walk off out in the woods. Make them walk miles back to town. Or, let them drive away and keep shooting even then. Make them really think you're trying to kill them. See if they ever come back.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #16
the spindoctor
Time Served

So apparently it's not a squatter issue. The lady lives right down the street, and is an independent contractor for another mortgage inspection company. From the sounds of it, she just drives around scoping out properties she thinks are abandoned, trespasses taking pics and leaving notices, then relays that info to her company which I assume then do records searches to see if there is any loophole to file for ownership. My dad talked to a lawyer and she said these companies are extremely bold and shady, and to get the police involved as much as possible.

No internet there, but I'm hoping he gets sosmething setup for some cameras. He doesn't want to sell because it's a nice getaway, costs almost nothing, and has sentimental value.
the spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:23 PM   #17
jefehbk
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spindoctor View Post
So apparently it's not a squatter issue. The lady lives right down the street, and is an independent contractor for another mortgage inspection company. From the sounds of it, she just drives around scoping out properties she thinks are abandoned, trespasses taking pics and leaving notices, then relays that info to her company which I assume then do records searches to see if there is any loophole to file for ownership. My dad talked to a lawyer and she said these companies are extremely bold and shady, and to get the police involved as much as possible.

No internet there, but I'm hoping he gets sosmething setup for some cameras. He doesn't want to sell because it's a nice getaway, costs almost nothing, and has sentimental value.
Can a lawyer send some type of cease order or something legal to the lady and the company in question?

The whole squatter has rights is some high level bullshit.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #18
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
This right here!

If its mine, it will be maintained as long as to meet any city codes, and there will be signs posted, No Tresspassing, Violators will be shot, Private Property, etc.
And then if I come to my home/property and theres people living in it, someones getting shot in the dick!
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:06 PM   #19
Stng5Pnt8
Allstate Dominguez Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Modena View Post
This right here!

If its mine, it will be maintained as long as to meet any city codes, and there will be signs posted, No Tresspassing, Violators will be shot, Private Property, etc.
And then if I come to my home/property and theres people living in it, someones getting shot in the dick!

lmao... damn
Arlington, TX. 76018
817-405-2011
tdominguez@allstate.com
Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!
Stng5Pnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote