Touchless or hand wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchless or hand wash

I'm trying to find some places to goto with my cars that offer these services. $40 for a hand wash seems a bit much for a volume location. I would be ok with a touchless car wash as my cars are typically garage stored. Open to any ideas to keep my paint in good condition. Unfortunately we are not allowed to wash cars at my residence.

I would find a new place to live lol.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
      Unfortunately we are not allowed to wash cars at my residence.
      Wait, what?
      sigpic

Comment

The land of the free....

Comment

Car repairs and car washing are strictly prohibited on the property.
          I'm pretty sure this is the rules at most rental locations, maybe not a rent home.

Comment

I'd consider paying the cost of a good polish/wax and then maintain it with touch-less rinse car washes.

Either way, the argument goes that if ANY dirt is there when washed you get micro scratches...etc. Whether hand wash or pressure washed. Just depends on your level of picky. For my daily drivers, I never cared much and they seem fine using touchless or the ones with brushes.

If you're very picky have to start out with a wash, clay bar then go from there.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have a nicks custom detail/wax job on it, what you mentioned is what I am trying to find. I cant seem to find any touchless car washes. The handwash ones are $40 starting which is nuts to me. I live in sachse/wylie/murphy area

Comment

I do not know if there is scientific backing, but for your run of the mill washes I would go touchless. Most of the hand wash places DO NOT use clean rags/clean their rags good enough at all.

Comment

DO NOT do any touchless or hell even any hand washes. Invest the $$ and do it yourself.
                  Touchless use harsh chemicals which degrade the wax REALLY fast.
                  And those hand wash places, yes, they are washing by hand, with more than likely extremely dirty towels.
                  www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
                    DO NOT do any touchless or hell even any hand washes. Invest the $$ and do it yourself.
                    Touchless use harsh chemicals which degrade the wax REALLY fast.
                    And those hand wash places, yes, they are washing by hand, with more than likely extremely dirty towels.
                    Ultimately, this is the truth.

Comment

You can't even use ONR?

Comment

ONR is a great solution for a mildly dusty car.

The job of the water and soap is to provide lubrication to remove surface contaminants away from the paint. Which is why touchless have to use strong chemicals since they arent touching the car. So on a normal dirty car ONR is not a great solution because you aren't rinsing away any dirt before you actually wash it (pressure wash before you actually wash the paint). You are just taking your wash mitt and rubbing the dirt around on the paint (AKA scratching)
                        www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

Working...
                        X