• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got done watching. It's very good.

Comment

And there's an after credit scene.

Comment

spoilers below...

it was good but yet another predictable xmen movie. You know what happens before you go. I did LOVE weapon X and Jean's involvement there..quicksilver amazing....I think FINALLY a comic book movie got it right in showing the power of a true supervillian...at times Apoc was so dominant mentally destroying X and fending everyone else off at same time and how he just pulled those guys into the floor without a second thought...i like that is solidifies magnetos true power helps me appreciate the previous 5 movies as a collection.

after credit building into wolverine 3? or the new start of x men movies?

Comment

Spoiler!

Caught this movie last night. It was decent but nothing more. IMO, the characters lacked depth with the exception magneto. I like how they showed his struggle between right and wrong, but I wish they made him more menacing. I did not think Apocalypse was as powerful as portrayed in the comics. Jean gray really didn't do anything until the end. In fact, nothing really happened for the first hour or so into the movie. Story line seemed pretty predictable.

Comment

I haven't seen it still.

It just drives me nuts knowing Singer has his fingerprint on all my favorite characters and he has ruined them on the screen.

Knowing he gets to show the Weapon X stuff just pisses me off. That whole thing deserves a rated R movie on its own. Not a little mention in this movie.

Apocalypse was my favorite villain and I am afraid to see how wrong the character is.

Comment

Lol there's like 50 characters.. how in depth can you get per character in 2 hours?
              sigpic

Comment

There was only a handful in the movie relevant to the story line.

Spoiler.
                The first part of the movie centered around Magnetto and Professor X's fuck buddy. Who cares about the CIA chick who isn't even a mutant? They also scratched the surface of the relationship of the sommer brothers. I didn't like how they portrayed mystic as someone to look up to. That's not how she is in the comics. Gene gray really didn't do a damn thing until the very end. Apocalypse easily killed people with sand in the beginning so why didn't he do it to the X men? They could have left out the entire scene with Stryker and Wolverine. IMO, it was irrelevant to the story line and had nothing to do with the imminent Apocalypse threat.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                  Lol there's like 50 characters.. how in depth can you get per character in 2 hours?
                  I am not talking about going in depth on characters. The characters, especially with the lack of depth, are barely like the comic books. They are flat, completely void of anything. With the exception of Wolverine, they have never tried to expand on another character. Its been 5 X films for him now. His vision of the whole thing is bland and boring. Why does the whole team have to be in black suits and none of them stand out with the exception of Wolverine?

Hell the whole idea of Wolverine being the focal point of it all has drove me nuts since 2000. Wolverine is a great character, but he isn't the team leader for the most part. Most of the X-men stories really don't center around him.

Singer has had 5 chances to make a good X movie and you can say he succeeded maybe once with DoFP. The first 3 missed the mark and this one looks like it is going to as well.

Comment

I'm a sucker. There's maybe ONE marvel movie I didn't like. (Daredevil) I love every one and just suspend disbelief. (Even Cyclops eye lasers in Apocalypse) Its fuckin Force blast Brian...You got it in all but this one? lolz...

I wanted more Psylocke. Was bummed she became bad but she'll come around in the next one when Mr Sinister is fuckin around with people.. The last scene has Essex corp on it so it's just a guess. Don't know how sinister will be a bad ass without Apoc around to buff him up..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      Blah blah blah.
                      Yea I think Singer is doing something with that scene. I read an article somewhere that originally Wolveriene wasn't to be seen, just his aftermath carnage. Hugh being Wolveriene incarnate, had to get in and agreed to do it for basically nothing because he loves the role. (still a cool mil I bet)

(not like Robert Dnt Jr who does iron man only for the money) hate that fucking guy.
                      sigpic

Comment

I should have waited for Redbox, I slept through half of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X