Dallas mayor to NRA, find new city for convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Enlighten us then. What is it you do for the city? Where does this mysterious knowledge come from? Remember all the smart people that worked at Enron? How well did working for the company help them understand the finances?
    I don’t really care to enlighten you. It doesn’t really matter anyways. I’ve been a Mckinney firemen for over 10 years, pretty sure I’ve seen, heard and witnessed multitudes of things. I was simply stating that we need something that attracts people and you got worried about your taxes or something. We could be choo choo rich like frisco since a good majority of friscos business’s originally approached Mckinney. But do to our city council and plans dept making it extremely difficult for new businesses coming in, they went south to Allen/Fairview and west to frisco. What do you know besides paying your taxes and doing a quick google search?
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Comment

I know that a fireman isn't going to know anymore than my Google search can teach me about the spending habits of mckinney.

I'll say it again, it's not a revenue problem...its a spending problem.

What part of that is hard to understand?

And McKinney doesn't need people. It won't be a Frisco, it won't even be an allen. It'll be a Plano, Addison or worse...Garland. They need to stay out of big business and spend where it matters.

Frisco is a horrible example of spending tax revenue wisely.

Edit: do you actually live in mckinney?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        I know that a fireman isn't going to know anymore than my Google search can teach me about the spending habits of mckinney.

I'll say it again, it's not a revenue problem...its a spending problem.

What part of that is hard to understand?

And McKinney doesn't need people. It won't be a Frisco, it won't even be an allen. It'll be a Plano, Addison or worse...Garland. They need to stay out of big business and spend where it matters.

Frisco is a horrible example of spending tax revenue wisely.

Edit: do you actually live in mckinney?
        Haha ok dude, you got it all figured out then. I dont think you realize just how much politics are in the fire service.

Edit* And for the record I’m not disagreeing with the spending part of what you’re saying. There has been several poorly made decisions that cost the city millions.
        Last edited by 01yz2nv; 02-21-2018, 11:55 PM.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
          I work for the city, kinda have a little more insight on this. There is sooo much the city needs but just simply can’t budget it. All we have is residential and dang car dealerships. Can’t rely on the square to bring in well needed funds.
          Must not be hurting the PD. Lots of people I know going over there.
          2012 GT500

Comment

I’m not sure about PD budget, they tend to get more items simply because of the cost of FD equipment/needs. They can get an entire fleet damn near of squad cars compared to one of our million dollar ladder trucks.

FFL & LTC Instructor
            Factory Five MK4 Cobra
            sigpic

Comment

I live in Prosper, work in McKinney, and my kids go to school in Frisco. The best parts of McKinney are the ones adjacent to Frisco. They're the ones that have more places to eat and shop, schools within the neighborhood, etc. The intersections at 75 and 380 and at 75 and 121 could have been nice areas, but McKinney didn't want the businesses and tax revenue apparently (going back years ago). Now it reminds me of a sleepy old town that 30 years ago was on the up and up but fell victim to city managers thinking they had it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                I live in Prosper, work in McKinney, and my kids go to school in Frisco. The best parts of McKinney are the ones adjacent to Frisco. They're the ones that have more places to eat and shop, schools within the neighborhood, etc. The intersections at 75 and 380 and at 75 and 121 could have been nice areas, but McKinney didn't want the businesses and tax revenue apparently (going back years ago). Now it reminds me of a sleepy old town that 30 years ago was on the up and up but fell victim to city managers thinking they had it figured out.
                What makes you think that's not what residents want?
                When you actually live in a city, your priorities are different...and the city damn sure shouldn't be attempting to replicate Allen (downward trend) or Frisco (very overrated). Would you want all that crap thrown in Prosper?

McKinney dominates all those cities when it comes to parks, downtown, breweries and events. It is different by design and those were the key reasons we picked it.

I've lived in Allen, Frisco and McKinney...and McKinney is far and wide better than the other 2 when it comes to my preferences.

Comment

Growth happens. You fight it enough, and the town becomes a forgotten about black hole. Downtown McKinney is quaint, but it's a pain in the ass to park and move around. The places to eat there are way overpriced, and Tupps isn't the greatest beer. I like Franconia, but you can get their stuff all over now. As far as events, there are plenty of events everywhere in the metroplex -- it's all preference on what you want as you stated.

As for parks and such, Frisco has plenty and is doing more. Maybe you missed the recent announcement where they just acquired 390 acres from Brinkmann Ranch. They're planning and expanding as needed to meet their population growth.

For me personally, I like where I'm at. We live in the size town we like which is experiencing growth the way we're like. We can make our 2 trips a year to the McKinney Square and enjoy it while being happy we don't have to fight the BS parking there. We can be anywhere in Frisco quickly as well, but we can also enjoy the peace of Prosper. It just worked out perfectly for us to be able to enjoy what we like about all three places. Oh, and I'd say that Frisco's downtown has turned into a pretty neat place -- both the old part and the newer one by the theater. Plenty to do and enjoy there.

Comment

My city can beat up your city!
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      Must not be hurting the PD. Lots of people I know going over there.
                      They all heard their pension was as well funded as Ft Worth's.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
                        Oh no banned !! You know how much time I would save? Think about what a fuckin hero you would be! Take your power trip and shove it up your fat ass!!! Lol I’ve done without fagbook for years and I can do without this too. Get with it chief!!!
                        Fuuuuck youuuu, you fucking dunce! You're not worth the 4 keystrokes it takes to BAN your moron ass. Besides it's a whole lot more fun watching you make a complete ass of yourself.
                        And for those who don't frequent the Sports Forum, this dumb ass predicted two NFC Teams would make the Superbowl.

Yeah, keep typing ass munch...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          They all heard their pension was as well funded as Ft Worth's.
                          Nobody highlighted this gold?

Comment

In case some of you haven't figured it out ruff knows everything about everything even when he doesn't. And if he gets called out on it he tucks tail and hides or lies lies lies and deflects. He'll probably run as a democrat someday soon so he can solve everyone's problems with my tax money and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              And for those who don't frequent the Sports Forum, this dumb ass predicted two NFC Teams would make the Superbowl....
                              Truth. Essentially, one could become a sports guru overnight by betting anything but the catfish line.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                                In case some of you haven't figured it out ruff knows everything about everything even when he doesn't. And if he gets called out on it he tucks tail and hides or lies lies lies and deflects. He'll probably run as a democrat someday soon so he can solve everyone's problems with my tax money and yours.
                                Lol look at this salty drunk ass.

Anytime you have argued with me...ive been correct. Why are you calling attention to that? Are you that insecure? Only idiots come back for an intellectual beating.

Comment

Working...
                                X