Star Trek Into Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
    Eh, they will just go back in time to make right what was put wrong. Seriously, how many times have they gone back in time from the movies and tv series? Baker's dozen maybe?
    I generally dislike the time travel and temporal mechanics episodes. Which is why I disliked Enterprise so much. Too much time spent on time travel and fixing the time line and shit.
    2004 Suzuki DL650
    1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Saw it yesterday. Dug it. But that was Kirks line. Scotty was on point. Carl Urban is starting to look like Bones.
      Still not digging the guy playing Spock but was proud of him at the end.
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I thought it was great. For a 2 hour movie it felt short. Lots of action, good dialogue. I actually liked it more than the reboot. Nice job on squeezing another Beastie Boys song in! I hope they keep making them, and I don't mind being pandered to a bit as a fan with stories that have so much history and still endure. Lots of reboots stray too far from what made them popular and lose touch with what made people want to watch them in the first place by being "edgy." Fuck that, make something I want to watch! I thought it was well executed. And Simon Pegg is hilariously awesome in everything.

Comment

I enjoyed it. My only gripe were the fight scenes. I hate where they flip through so many different camera angles you dont know wtf is going on.

Comment

Lol wife kept asking why is Kirk getting whooped but Spock got with the bad guy ok. Silly newb. Her fave was run was the next generation with Picard. She doesn't know bout Spock
            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I enjoyed it, though I'll have to see it again because the audio was jacked. It was predictable but fun. I enjoyed the role reversal.

At this rate, I can't wait for the movie where the crew has to go back in time to bring back an extinct species to save earth.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                I enjoyed it, though I'll have to see it again because the audio was jacked. It was predictable but fun. I enjoyed the role reversal.

At this rate, I can't wait for the movie where the crew has to go back in time to bring back an extinct species to save earth.
                or Star Trek XX: Spock dies AGAIN.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  I liked it. Not as much as the first, but it was good. I would really like to see an all out war next time with the klingons. The war always my favorite parts of deep space nine, and it would be a good follow upnto a lot ofwhat this plot laid out.
                  I agree I think it would be awesome to have the next one set in the middle of a war with the Klingons.

Comment

From a Cinematic perspective it was brilliant.

From an acting perspective it was excellent.

But the story? What the freaking fuck. wrath of Khan v2.0? They went out and rebooted the timeline to give more latitude for storylines, just they just went ahead and copied entire scenes from Shatner's universe and flipped them around.

The radiation scene worked with Nimoy and Shatner has they had 30-40 years of serving together and their friendship was hard won.. The new Spock and Kirk haven' served together for more than a year. Now they are BFF's ? Fuck that!

Hell, they even brought in Carol Marcus who was the lead scientist (and the mother of Kirks son) in the original. She was also a pacifist, but in this one she's and advanced weapons designer?

Writers dropped the fuckin ball here. They have a blank slate to create something new , but they just went back and remade a movie.

Whats next? Whales? "Where do you keep your wuclear wessels?"

Comment

Well that's kinda what I was hinting at in my post. I just didn't want to spoil anything.

Was a good movie but a lot aggravated me with all the flipping and rehashing and certain Shit happening way out of chronological order.

Comment

I like how they have the alternate timeline to explain all this shit they want to change. And then when they can't come up with an interesting story they just remake one of the prior movies. What a bunch of horseshit.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think if i went in comparing it to the originals i would have been dissapointed.
                          all of the recent rehash i have seen i have enjoyed because of the entertainment value, not because of the deep plot.. i didnt go in expecting the note book.. i went in expecting shit to get blown the fuck up.
                          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Pretty damn good movie.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                              I think if i went in comparing it to the originals i would have been dissapointed.
                              all of the recent rehash i have seen i have enjoyed because of the entertainment value, not because of the deep plot.. i didnt go in expecting the note book.. i went in expecting shit to get blown the fuck up.
                              This.

Stevo
                              Originally posted by SSMAN
                              ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

It was good. I really enjoyed it. Admiral Pike dies?! I didn't get that. I wanted to see hoverchair pike.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X