Don't call the cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    sounds to me he made the decision to arm himself on his own property and got killed for it.
    This.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Hoodlums with a gun murder a man on his own property making sure his possessions were secure. Fuck 'em. Send them to jail for murder
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        Oh don't worry, they would never get proper justice. Just a bunch of finger pointing and a half assed investigation. Then some paid time off. I'm sure it was all the old man's fault, it always is.
        EVERY officer involved death is turned over to the Grand Jury.

They will be the ones to decide if it gets prosecuted, not the department (Chief).

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
          I hear ya man, but seriously, if you're answering a burglary call, would you think the 72 year old guy clad only in pants looking in the bushes is the bad guy?

Personally, I would be looking for Trayvon, not the WWII white guy...
          He wasn't even old enough to have served during Korea.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

And fwiw, my cousin is a sergeant on the local force, and his glock has a light on it. So does every other cop gun I've seen in recent history.
            Wanna see my issue Sig P220?

No light.

Wanna know something even funnier?

I was never issued a flashlight.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

They will be the ones to decide if it gets prosecuted, not the department (Chief).
              Where some dude that works for the city will roll out the case as to why the whole thing was the old man's fault. I'm sure it will be completely unbiased with the millions of dollars in liability the city faces.

At least the civil courts exist so his family might have some recourse.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Cops gun down citizen, paid vacation and delay until the story blows over.

Citizen shoots cop? Guy is killed, his name is drug through the mud and if he does fight them to a standstill, they keep calling in more reinforcements or pull a Ruby Ridge and just kill him and his family with snipers
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

And fwiw, my cousin is a sergeant on the local force, and his glock has a light on it. So does every other cop gun I've seen in recent history.
                  It's been a few years since we have specifically discussed it, but I know Jimmy (Treadhead) had told me in the past that FWPD didn't allow officers to use weapon mounted lights on their service pistol. Something about people getting into the habit of using their pistol as a flashlight when there would otherwise be no need to have drawn their weapon.

Not that I am defending the situation being discussed, since I have no clue on the specifics, just saying.

Just to throw another possible variable out there, at 72, the guy may have been hard of hearing and did not respond to commands.

Comment

I bet the Cop really feels like shit. I know I would. RIP old man
                    Street car.

Comment

Confusion is what got him shot. It could happen to anyone of us but at 72yrs old he may not have even heard the cops tell him to put the gun down.....if they even did.

I know that if I have my gun out it is up in my chest in a low ready position or maybe even pushed out if I have that kind of space to work with. Anyone that is proficient in firearms as you hope any officer is, will do the same. Who draws a gun and holds it down to their side to investigate something? So I can see the police rounding the corner and being confronted by a armed man. If their gun is out and they are jumpy, I can see them letting rounds loose first. Doesn't make it right.

A quick google image and the houses in that neighborhood are not simple cookie cutter development front garage houses that are all the same. Lots of trees, probably low light and lots of shadow. Average garage is in the back of the house (22 houses on that street all different construction). If he was shot there it makes sense with officer rounding the corner and being spooked.

I can also see the old man pushing out or pointing the gun at an object rounding a corner into his garage. Determining when and not to shoot takes practice and is not easy to do as fast as you can just simply pull the trigger. You can not take the bullet back and everyone should be learning judgment calls equally as much as shot placement. When to and when NOT to shoot is just as important as hitting your target. Too bad the later is faster.

Not putting police down.....but when was the last time that these particular FWPD officers received that kind of training vs putting holes in the black on a stationary peice of paper?
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        It's been a few years since we have specifically discussed it, but I know Jimmy (Treadhead) had told me in the past that FWPD didn't allow officers to use weapon mounted lights on their service pistol. Something about people getting into the habit of using their pistol as a flashlight when there would otherwise be no need to have drawn their weapon.

Not that I am defending the situation being discussed, since I have no clue on the specifics, just saying.

Just to throw another possible variable out there, at 72, the guy may have been hard of hearing and did not respond to commands.
                        They started allowing weapon mounted lights within the last year or two. You have to go through the training first.
                        I don't usually respond to these kinds of threads due to all the ftp Monday morning quarterbacking.
                        The city doesn't present the grand jury cases either. That would be the County D.A.
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                        George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Where some dude that works for the city will roll out the case as to why the whole thing was the old man's fault. I'm sure it will be completely unbiased with the millions of dollars in liability the city faces.

At least the civil courts exist so his family might have some recourse.
                          This proves you have no idea how a grand jury works.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            That's what led to that Plano 5-0 accidentally killing that guy a few years back...He still works there btw
                            The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...
                            Last edited by dcs13; 05-29-2013, 04:50 AM. Reason: added

Comment

This proves you have no idea how a grand jury works.
                              Of course not, we are all dumb here. I am sure you are quite the expert though based on your posts on here. Tell us how many times you have got away with it.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                                That's what led to that Plano 5-0 accidentally killing that guy a few years back...He still works there btw
                                http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ntal-shooting/
                                Of course he does. I mean the guy SAID it was an accident, what other proof do you need?

And the family got $245K. Seems fair amirite?

Comment

Working...
                                X