Has anyone seen Tool in the last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rammstein comes to mind, blew my fking mind
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Saw them probably 8 years ago and thought the show sucked.
      I agree. The music was good but the overall show was boring. It was so dark I couldn't tell how many people were even on stage.

Comment

Well for that matter the Cure is up there as far as awesome musicianship, and Jane's Addiction back in the day as well.

Shit for that matter a ton of bands from the past. Most concerts these days suck, they just come out and fling some bullshit at you, can't sing or play live, and you leave feeling like they ripped you off and didn't give to fucks about it.

Comment

I'm still pretty pissed they won't put their catalog on spotify.
          Maynard is a pretentious fuck.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            Rammstein comes to mind, blew my fking mind
            Best live concert I've seen. Hands down.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              I'm still pretty pissed they won't put their catalog on spotify.
              Maynard is a pretentious fuck.

They had a lot of legal issues which is apparently why they couldn't make new music. I've heard him on Joe Rogans podcast. He seems like a regular guy. Just very introverted. Doesn't like giving things away, most of all with TOOL. Might just be my opinion though.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My friend saw them in Houston tonight. I texted him how the show was. He replied with "ratchet." So I asked him how Maynards voice was...got nothing but him (probably drunk) talking shit to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  My friend saw them in Houston tonight. I texted him how the show was. He replied with "ratchet." So I asked him how Maynards voice was...got nothing but him (probably drunk) talking shit to me.
                  I guess I'm getting old. Wtf does ratchet mean in that context?
                  The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

I saw them 8 years ago and they were bad ass! maynard was sick and still put on an awesome show
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      I saw them 8 years ago and they were bad ass! maynard was sick and still put on an awesome show
                      He was sick at the '99 Woodstock as well, and didn't mention it until after the show. He apologized for sounding like shit, but he actually sounded awesome. I wasn't there, but have a recording of it. It was great.

I think he has the kind of vocal talent to find the in between notes that still sound awesome even if the are not the piercing high ones.

I also think he's pretty well in shape after a few shows and I'm looking forward to a great show, and picking up some Tool goodies.

Comment

I've only seen Tool live once, and that was in 1997 in Sydney, Australia. It was just awesome. And the local girls that took us were pretty awesome too.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
                          I guess I'm getting old. Wtf does ratchet mean in that context?
                          I honestly have no clue. It's usually a bad thing I think, but like I said...he was probably wasted when he said that.

Comment

I'll be there tomorrow night - 206 row CC. My buddy saw them in Houston night before last and he said they sounded as good as ever and the visual presentation was incredible. I can't wait!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                              I'll be there tomorrow night - 206 row CC. My buddy saw them in Houston night before last and he said they sounded as good as ever and the visual presentation was incredible. I can't wait!!!
                              Right on Dewey, maybe we'll run into ya out there!

Comment

Originally posted by 93LXHORSE View Post
                                Right on Dewey, maybe we'll run into ya out there!
                                Groovy!!! It should be some great people watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X