No announcement yet.

Rangers 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't usually root against the rangers, but I was selfish tonight and glad belts didn't get his 3k. I hope he does it early in tomorrow's game while I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      I don't usually root against the rangers, but I was selfish tonight and glad belts didn't get his 3k. I hope he does it early in tomorrow's game while I'm there.
      Thanks a lot asshole for wishing ill will and bad vibes on the Rangers just so you have a chance of seeing a player have a certain # of hits.

I was at the game tonight.😉

Comment

I was there tonight and will be there tomorrow and Monday. I will see 3,000. 2999 and counting. I bet Pudge is sad he won't see 3k.

Comment

Wow, it's pretty sad how few were there today to witness 3,000 compared to last nights near sellout. I saw a 3,000 live and in person. It's pretty cool to see something so rare in sports, and it was also a good guy to see get it. Thanks, Beltre!

Comment

So according to the Twitters Darvish is going to the Dodgers, it was literally a last minute deal. No idea what we are getting back.

Comment

Getting

IF/OF Willie Calhoun
              RHP A.J. Alexy
              IF Brendon Davis

There isn't a lot of talent there in my opinion. Davis is a top 20 prospect for the Dodgers, Alexy was drafted out of high school last year (where he threw 168 pitches in a game). Calhoun is the closest to being a major leaguer but he's a second basemen, we already have 3 of them (DeShields was a 2b in the minors).

Comment

According to Jeff Passan, the Rangers will receive at second-baseman/outfielder Willie Calhoun, pitcher A.J. Alexy and Brendon Davis in the deal. Calhoun is the 69th overall prospect, according to MLB Pipeline.

Additionally, Calhoun is the Dodgers No. 4 ranked prospect, Alexy is their No. 17 ranked prospect, and Davis is their 27th ranked prospect, according to MLB Pipeline.

Calhoun, 22, was selected in the 4th round of the 2015 draft out of Yavapai College in Arizona.

According to MLB.com, Calhoun “has a quick bat and a knack for making contact, and he might do even more damage once he learns to wait a little better for pitches he can drive. He could be a .280 hitter with 20 or more homers per season at his peak.”

The 20 home runs would be good for a second-baseman, however, Calhoun isn’t great defensively and has already started getting action in left field.

Calhoun is hitting .302 with 23 home runs and 67 RBI in 364 at-bats at Triple-A Oklahoma City.
                QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Odor already has over 20hrs this season and we have Profar too.... we need and have always needed pitching. Until we trade for 8 to 10 serious pitching prospects and bring in a quality pitching coach expect more of the same.

Comment

I've been excited to see Will Middlebrooks in a Rangers jersey since they traded for him. Bought him up from AAA where he was the HR leader on the team. Made a HUGE splash yesterday, first MLB player since at least 1913 (I believe this is when they started to track stats, so possibly first ever in MLB history) to have 2 pinch hit triples in the same day. Granted, the pool of opportunity for this to happen is small, but, hopefully the Rangers management sees that he is a valuable tool! His season has been pretty strong, starting with spring training. He was plagued a little bit by injury in AAA, much like most of his career, though this season has been different in his ability to come back strong off of injury and continue to produce.

In addition to the injury, there was the nice spearing catch in his first start in the majors for the Rangers at first base. I've seen him do this a few times throughout his career. He has the athleticism and had it not been for the series of frequent injuries, I believe his career would have taken a slightly different, more notable path.

Here is to Will continuing to produce and be a valuable part of the Rangers organization. He was a fan as a kid and is now living his dream playing for the Rangers!

On a side note, anyone have some good seats they aren't going to use for the Yankees series this weekend?
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I was very happy to see middlebrooks do well too.

Comment

Bye Napoli, please don't come back again.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                          Bye Napoli, please don't come back again.
                          Napoli was worth his contract just as a pinch hitter. He didn't have much of an average or OBP and definitely wasn't a run threat but had lots of power from the right side of the plate. Something the Rangers can't ever seem to find these days.

In other news Fielder is only going to cost the Rangers $9 million this season after insurance and the Tigers pay their part. Napoli was paid $2.5 to buy out the 18 option and I think they gave Barnette $250k.

JD is going into the winter meetings with a fat bank account this year. We could possibly get Arrieta and Otani.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Napoli was worth his contract just as a pinch hitter. He didn't have much of an average or OBP and definitely wasn't a run threat but had lots of power from the right side of the plate. Something the Rangers can't ever seem to find these days.

JD is going into the winter meetings with a fat bank account this year. We could possibly get Arrieta and Otani.
                            I get your point, but was it worth the $10 Million from last year?

If we get Otani then would we possibly get Darvish cause both are friends?
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              I get your point, but was it worth the $10 Million from last year?

If we get Otani then would we possibly get Darvish cause both are friends?
                              Hard to say. Had the team made the playoffs I think he would have been more valuable.

I doubt their personal relationship is going to make a difference. Sure if he has the exact same deal from two teams it'd be a consideration but outside of that players follow the money. Otani really wants to hit so he might prefer an NL team but with a team like the Rangers they might have him DH when he's not pitching. Most teams won't do that but most teams wouldn't put Napoli in left field either.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                                Hard to say. Had the team made the playoffs I think he would have been more valuable.

I doubt their personal relationship is going to make a difference. Sure if he has the exact same deal from two teams it'd be a consideration but outside of that players follow the money. Otani really wants to hit so he might prefer an NL team but with a team like the Rangers they might have him DH when he's not pitching. Most teams won't do that but most teams wouldn't put Napoli in left field either.
                                His comments about him wanting to hit makes me think he might be interested in the AL more than the NL.

If he does play in the DH role then I guess we stick Choo in the OF. Be better if he could play 1B, but I'm just shooting in the dark with that thought.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X