No announcement yet.

New Nexus S unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get the EVO .. best phone ive ever had ... and ive had em all .. ive switched phones n carriers a dozen times this year .. lol .. you can mod the heck out of the EVO and its just a great phone

Comment

Originally posted by paull View Post
      get the EVO .. best phone ive ever had ... and ive had em all .. ive switched phones n carriers a dozen times this year .. lol .. you can mod the heck out of the EVO and its just a great phone
      Yep I would drop my N1 for a Evo if I could but Im with ATT and an employee so I dont want to switch.

Comment

no ty I'll stick to my HTC Glacier; NS has no hspa+ support no sd card slot (less ram than my phone) all it really has going for it over the phone I have now is Gingerbread, SAMOLED and faster updates.

*edit: wait, so does it get the SAMOLED screen or not, OP's link says AMOLED
        Last edited by 06S197GT; 12-06-2010, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
          Nah, he'd just bitch about how changing ROMs is too hard. lol
          yeah, I'm not so good at that shit... I'm a nuts and bolts guy. All those tutorials assume you know something about any of that shit, and I don't

I rooted my G1 and got a different ROM on it, but man, fuck that! LOL

I wish I would have waited for the G2, but I got a good deal on a mint myslide, and although I wish it was a google phone, it's so much nicer/faster than my G1, I just use it...

when the G2's have been out for a while, I'll probably pick one up
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
            no ty I'll stick to my HTC Glacier; NS has no hspa+ support no sd card slot (less ram than my phone) all it really has going for it over the phone I have now is Gingerbread, SAMOLED and faster updates.

*edit: wait, so does it get the SAMOLED screen or not, OP's link says AMOLED
            I havent seen one way or the other on the display yet. Even googles nexus site is broken, at least on my browser here at work (IE 7). Everyone just refers to the display as the "first curved display". http://www.google.com/nexus/#!/index

No sd card isnt that bad of a thing. I like being able to pop out all my pics and files on a sd card but internal memory is faster. 16gb isnt too shabby either.

The phone doesnt bring much to the table thats new but it isnt meant to. They ditched that after the N1 was deemed a failure according to google. Thats why I decided to wait and see what else is coming out. No subsidized pricing for ATT is another reason also.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              yeah, I'm not so good at that shit... I'm a nuts and bolts guy. All those tutorials assume you know something about any of that shit, and I don't

I rooted my G1 and got a different ROM on it, but man, fuck that! LOL

I wish I would have waited for the G2, but I got a good deal on a mint myslide, and although I wish it was a google phone, it's so much nicer/faster than my G1, I just use it...

when the G2's have been out for a while, I'll probably pick one up
              Yeah, the first time I rooted my phone I was scared as shit because no one really explains anything out, they're just assuming you know what they're talking about, you either have to read for about 5 to 6 hours to figure it out, or just go for it and hope you don't fuck something up.

My boss just got a G2, it's pretty nice.

Comment

I guess I just don't care that much about it... if I want a rooted phone, I'll just pay the local haji shop $40 to do it for me! Lol

All I really want is wireless tether, but I don't really miss it with my slide... I don't like this phone enough to care to root it. When I find a cheap G2, I'll buy it and give the wife the mytouch slide
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  I havent seen one way or the other on the display yet. Even googles nexus site is broken, at least on my browser here at work (IE 7). Everyone just refers to the display as the "first curved display". http://www.google.com/nexus/#!/index

No sd card isnt that bad of a thing. I like being able to pop out all my pics and files on a sd card but internal memory is faster. 16gb isnt too shabby either.

The phone doesnt bring much to the table thats new but it isnt meant to. They ditched that after the N1 was deemed a failure according to google. Thats why I decided to wait and see what else is coming out. No subsidized pricing for ATT is another reason also.
                  It is Super AMOLED. This is from Googles Nexus S site.

Display
                  ■4.0" WVGA (480x800)
                  ■Contour Display with curved glass screen
                  Super AMOLED
                  ■235 ppi
                  ■Capacitive touch sensor
                  ■Anti-fingerprint display coating

Comment

i don't understand the 480x800. Why put out a brand new device and not lead the pack on specs? At least MATCH the 960 resolution of the iPhone.
                    01 Turbo Miata
                    96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      i don't understand the 480x800. Why put out a brand new device and not lead the pack on specs? At least MATCH the 960 resolution of the iPhone.
                      There isnt anything on this phone that leads the pack, its really disappointing. The only real new features are whats listed and it isnt anything new.

Comment

Working...
                      X