New Nexus S unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Nexus S unveiled

Doubt I will be upgrading my trusty nexus one for it but still pretty cool. I like the bigger screen and NFC support.

Samsung Electronics and Google on Monday announced the Nexus S smartphone, which will come with Android 2.3, the latest version of Google's OS, also code-named Gingerbread.

I just bought a Captivate. I might pick one of those up if they make an AT&T version like they did with the Nexus One.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

My wife just upgraded her iphone and I had cell phone fever for a split second and thought about getting a captivate. Pretty slick phone and seemed very fast but not much different than my Nexus. Not to mention I like always being the first one to get updates. I decided to save my upgrade for something else later one.

Oh and the microsoft phones are alot nicer than they look in the commercials but no support yet and their app market blows.

Comment

Pretty much a galaxy s with a front facing camera and 2.3, and switched around home, menu, back and search buttons. I'll just stick to what I have for now, I'm sure there will be several greater phones in a year anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
          Pretty much a galaxy s with a front facing camera and 2.3, and switched around home, menu, back and search buttons. I'll just stick to what I have for now, I'm sure there will be several greater phones in a year anyways.
          Yeah, I see the Android based phones exploding in market share and features of the next few years. The iPhone is going to have to start stepping it up. Great phone, but others are starting (or already are depending on opinion) blow them out of the water.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
            I didnt even notice the bottom buttons mixed around, I hope that isnt how they will be.

It has a couple difference than the rest of the galaxy line like curved screen, NFC and more internal memory. Uses the same 1gh hummingbird processor as the Nexus one but the upgraded memory is supposed to make it run faster. I have my doubts though.

I agree, probably smarter to wait to see whats around the corner. Im sure whatever will be avail to me on ATT will suck though. Everyone else has the cool Android phones.

Comment

Just go Froyo on an iPhone 4!
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

wharz slide?
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  wharz slide?
                  Buy an epic, close enough.

Comment

Or a G1, lulz
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                      Or a G1, lulz
                      Nah, he'd just bitch about how changing ROMs is too hard. lol

Comment

speaking of roms, I need to flash back to stock from Cyanogen so I can get the gingerbread when it rolls out. The latest cyanogen kinda sucks anyway, all kinds of buggy on the n1's.

Comment

Meh, I have a Dev Phone 2 (which is basically an HTC Magic/myTouch 3G) and had issues with drivers and rooting it.
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                            Meh, I have a Dev Phone 2 (which is basically an HTC Magic/myTouch 3G) and had issues with drivers and rooting it.
                            Use email to send the update.zip to your phone then put it in the root, recovery mode, reinstall packages, donez.

Comment

Im waiting to hear more about the Incredible HD

Comment

Working...
                              X