What android apps and utilities should i get? this stuff is all new to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What android apps and utilities should i get? this stuff is all new to me

i'd appreciate the help. i got my very first smart phone the other day. i could use some advice!

this is what i got so far for utilities and virus protection.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Last edited by scootro; 04-15-2017, 09:31 PM.

Airdroid is a must for me. Put transfer files back an forth from your phone to your computer, with ease. You can also use your computer to text people easily. Real damn useful
    WH

Comment

Get a leveler
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

None of that is necessary, for a whole lot of reasons. When I'm more sober, I'll advise accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          Airdroid is a must for me. Put transfer files back an forth from your phone to your computer, with ease. You can also use your computer to text people easily. Real damn useful
          i'll check it out

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          Get a leveler
          screw that but i did get a flashlight! haha..

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          None of that is necessary, for a whole lot of reasons. When I'm more sober, I'll advise accordingly.
          thanks I'd appreciate it

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            i'll check it out

screw that but i did get a flashlight! haha..

thanks I'd appreciate it
            Most file manager apps, I prefer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...solidexplorer2 have the capability to xfer over your local network from phone to pc. Airdroid has had issues with security, albeit they're patched now. http://lifehacker.com/airdroid-vulne...-ri-1789596416

You device likely came equipped with a flashlight function, pull the notification shade down from the top and see if it has an icon for it.

As far as antivirus for your device, they can be useful, but they're mostly unnecessary. If it brings you peace of mind, then Lookout is pretty well rated. You don't need anything to manage ram or clean temp files because it's built into the OS by Google.

Comment

thank you. sir! i found the flashlight. that video helped! Solid Explorer File Manager is a 14 day trail app is it really worth buying?

i like ccleaner it seems to do the same as my computer. it won't hurt anything, right?

Comment

I bought it because the one I was using, ES File Explorer, started foisting ads on the lockscreen and I do think it's worth it. As to CCleaner, it won't hurt anything.

Comment

I bought it because the one I was using, ES File Explorer, started foisting ads on the lockscreen and I do think it's worth it. As to CCleaner, it won't hurt anything.
                  cool i'll get it! appreciate the help

Comment

Free offline gps app. Does tracking too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Tracking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Waze

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Most file manager apps, I prefer https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...solidexplorer2 have the capability to xfer over your local network from phone to pc.
                          Do you ever use "cleaned up" versions of android? Cyanogenmod comes to mind. I'm looking for a cleaned up version of android for my Galaxy S7.
                          WH

Comment

You're referring to aftermarket roms and not anymore. I used to be big into that whole thing, but I got tired of chasing stability that was never gonna be there.

Comment

Hmm... stability you say. What kind of stability issues did you run into? I'm curious because I never had any. Then again, I never did push the little system to any sort of limits either. I just used it like I normally would, with all the crapware and spying removed.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X